Admirals Down Aeros
Milwaukee, WI- Led by Mike Santorelli's two goals and his brother Mark's two-point night (1g-1a), the Milwaukee Admirals sent the Aeros flying back to Houston Friday night with a 5-3 victory as the two teams met for the third time this season at the Bradley Center. The Admirals ended Houston's three-game winning streak and gave them their second win in as many games.
The first period began with fast-paced action in both offensive zones. After coming off of the lone power play of the period the Admirals applied heavy pressure to Houston's Ryan Nie. Within seconds, Milwaukee's Mike Santorelli went top shelf scoring his 17th goal of the season to give The Ads the 1-0 lead at 7:39 in the first.
Colin Wilson rounded out scoring for the first period on an assist by Nick Spaling who passed to a waiting Wilson inside the near circle. Nie missed his mark, allowing Wilson to sneak one past him glove side to put the Admirals up 2-0 where it remained for the rest of the period.
Five minutes into the second stanza Milwaukee's Wacey Rabbit made his way up the wall and found Reid Cashman in the seam for Milwaukee's third goal of the game and Cashman's second of the season.
Houston finally found some momentum and quickly responded with their first goal of the game on a one-timer by Nathan Smith from in front of the crease at 6:17 of the second to close the Admirals lead to 3-1.
The Aeros managed to strike again at 15:49 as Cody Almond scores his fifth goal of the season, also on a one-timer, on an assist by Jean-Michel Daoust.
The final tally of the second came from Mark Santorelli who was able to light the lamp unassisted when he intercepted a pass from Nie and knocked it in put Milwaukee up 4-2.
Just two minutes into the final stanza, Mike Santorelli scored his second goal of the game going top shelf to beat Nie stick side giving the Admirals 5-2 lead over the Aeros.
The game's final tally fell in favor of the Houston as Duncan Milroy sent the puck from behind the Admirals net to Peter Zingoni who was positioned directly in front of the crease. Zingoni managed to beat Milwaukee net minder Chet Pickard five-hole to close Milwaukee's lead to within two with 4:15 left in the game.
Milwaukee Admiral leaders for the game included Mike Santorelli who posted two goals on the night. Santorelli currently leads the team in goals, posting 18 on the season, and holds the number two position in points with 31. His brother Mark also had a two-point effort (1g-1a) to help guide the Admirals offense.
The Admirals are back in action next Wednesday when they travel to Cleveland to battle the Lake Erie Monsters. Milwaukee's next home game is next Friday, February 12 at 7:00 pm versus the Rockford IceHogs. Fans can order tickets by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each 200-level ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.