Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading"
The Manitoba Moose are pleased to announce they have partnered with Red River College to once again participate in the annual "Respond to Reading" program designed to positively encourage children in kindegarten to grade five to develop their interest in reading. Moose players will be visiting eight different schools next Wednesday, February 10th, 2010.
"Respond to Reading" is an exciting program which offers unique incentive prizes for the students including the opportunity to meet Manitoba Moose players as they visit their school classrooms.
During their school visits, players will be available to read to the students from the book "The Mocassin Goalie". Classes were chosen based on their completion of a Manitoba Moose workbook created by the students at RRC, along with an explanation as to why a Manitoba Moose player should visit their class. In addition to the visit, there are a number of prizes to be won, including a pizza party, Moose toques, Moose Yearbooks and Workbooks, Manitoba Moose tickets, and a one-of-a-kind Culinary or Broadcasting experience at Red River College for a lucky winner from the grade four to five classes.
The Moose organization would like to send out a sincere thank-you to all of the schools that have participated in the program.
Here is the list of schools and players making appearances at the school:
Wednesday, February 10th, 2010:
- Marty Murray/Daren Machesney/Matt Pettinger 2:00 p.m.
Ecole Viscount Alexander
- P-C Labrie/Tommy Maxwell/Tom Galvin 2:00 p.m.
- Guillaume Desbiens/Matt Pope/Evan Oberg 2:00 p.m.
Stevenson Britannia School
Lawrence Nycholat/Brian Salcido/Taylor Ellington
- Dusty Collins/Dan Sexton/Evan Rankin/Nick Boynton 2:00 p.m.
St. Gerard School
- Travis Ramsey/Sergei Shirokov/Nikita Kashirsky 2:00 p.m.
John Prichard School
- Nathan McIver/Geoff Waugh/Mario Bliznak 1:30 p.m.
Manitoba School for the Deaf
- Cory Schneider/Marco Rosa/Michael Grabner 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down