Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight -
Game Setup: The Springfield Falcons will meet the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for the 8th time this season on Friday night. The Falcons have a 1-4-2-0 record against
Bridgeport this year. The two teams last met back on January 9, a 3-2 overtime win for the Sound Tigers.
Bridgeport enters the game with a 22-21-2-6 record which places them 6th in the Atlantic Division. The Sound Tigers are 1-4-1-4 in their last 10 games. In their last game,
Bridgeport fell to Norfolk 2-1 in a shootout on Sunday at home. Michael Haley scored the only goal of the game for the Tigers.
The Falcons are 4-6-0-0 in their last 10 after dropping an 8-4 decision Wednesday night to the Worcester Sharks at the MassMutual Center. The Falcons lone win over the
Sound Tigers came on November 6 in Springfield, a 5-2 final score. Chad Wiseman scored two goals on that night and Colton Fretter added a goal and an assist for the Falcons.
Sean Bentivoglio leads all scorers in the season series with 8 points. Colton Fretter leads the Falcons with 4 goals and Charles Linglet leads with 4 assists. Scott Munroe is 4-1
against Springfield this season with a 2.10 goals against average.
Springfield Player Notes:
. Jason Pitton's goal on Wednesday night was his first as a Falcon after signing a PTO on January 21.
. Charles Linglet is 6th in the AHL with 50 points.
. Colton Fretter is tied for 2nd in the AHL with 11 power-play goals on the season.
. Kip Brennan leads the league with 251 penalty minutes.
. J.F. David has 4 assists in his last 4 games since returning from injury.
Bridgeport Player Notes:
. Goalie Nathan Lawson is 7th in the league with a 2.20 GAA in 21 games while teammate Scott Munroe is 12th with a 2.42 GAA in 26 games.
. Sean Bentivoglio has 31 points to lead the team. Greg Mauldin is 2nd with 30 points and leads the team with 16 goals.
. Jesse Joensuu leads the team with 19 assists.
Falcon Player Movement Recap:
Rick Cleaver was released from his PTO on Thursday. Cleaver played in 5 games for the Falcons. His only point was a goal in a 3-2 loss to Norfolk on January 22.
Also on Thursday, goalie Devan Dubnyk was reassigned by the Edmonton Oilers to the Falcons. Dubnyk has played in 23 games for the Falcons this year posting a
record of 10-12-1-0 with a 2.99 GAA and.917 save percentage.
Bryan Pitton was recalled by the Oilers on Thursday. Pitton was called up to the Falcons from the Stockton Thunder on Monday. Pitton was 9-9-3 in Stockton with a 2.85 GAA.
Dubnyk Returns To Falcons
Devan Dubnyk returns to the Falcons after being with the Edmonton Oilers since January 11. Dubnyk has been a work horse for the Falcons in the past. To start the 09-10 season, he started 18 of the team's first 20 games. In that span he went 9-8-0-1.
Last season, Dubnyk played in 62 games for the Falcons setting a team record for most appearances by a goaltender. In his career with the Falcons, Dubnyk has recorded a
2.89 goals against average in 118 games. Dubnyk was the 14th overall selection in the 2004 draft by the Oilers.
Sound Tiger Player Movement Recap:
On Tuesday, the New York Islanders reassigned Trevor Gillies to Bridgeport. He was called up to the Islanders on January 29 and appeared in one game.
Goaltender Martin Biron was sent to Bridgeport by the Islanders on Wednesday for a conditioning assignment. Biron is 2-11 this season for New York with a
3.22 GAA. The NHL veteran has played for the Islanders, Flyers, and Sabres. He last played in the American Hockey League in 2000-2001 where he played 4 games and went 3-1 for the Rochester Americans.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.