Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice'
WILKES-BARRE, PA - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and WBRE will be hosting a very special, paying homage to the 30th anniversary of the 'Miracle on Ice' and to one of the most famous names in American hockey history.
Miracle Memories will take place on Tuesday, February 16th at the F.M. Kirby Center in downtown Wilkes-Barre at 6:00pm. The evening will be comprised of a viewing of the film "Miracle" followed by a special question and answer session with Hockey Hall of Fame member Craig Patrick.
"Miracle" tells the story of the 1980 United States Olympic Ice Hockey Team, and its improbable journey to Olympic gold. Patrick served as an assistant coach on the team before going on to a highly successful career as an executive in the National Hockey League, serving as General Manager of the New York Rangers (1980-86) and the Pittsburgh Penguins (1989-2006). He was the architect of the Penguins first two Stanley Cup winning teams in 1990 and 1991.
The 'Miracle on Ice' took place on February 22, 1980, when the United States team, comprised entirely of amateur and college players, defeated the highly-favored Soviet Union squad by a 4-3 score in what Sports Illustrated called the 'Greatest Sports Moment of the 20th Century.'
Patrick will also drop the ceremonial first puck prior to the Penguins game against the Albany River Rats the following night, February 17, at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
The cost of this once in a lifetime event is just $10.00 for Penguins fans currently holding tickets to the club's game on Wednesday, February 17 against the Albany River Rats. A special Miracle Memories package, which includes admission to the movie/Q&A as well as a blue zone ticket to the Penguins game against the River Rats, is just $20.00.
Additionally, a limited number of VIP packages, which include a pre-movie meet and greet with Patrick, admission to the film/Q&A and a blue zone ticket to the Penguins game the following night, are available for just $30.00 ($20.00 for fans who already have tickets to the Wednesday night game).
Tickets for Miracle Memories, as well as packages for the event are available exclusively through the Penguins ticket office at the Waterfront Complex. For information or to purchase your tickets today, call the Penguins at 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2010
- Rockford pulls away for win in third period - Cleveland Monsters
- Houston sunk by Admirals in 5-3 loss - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Down Aeros - Milwaukee Admirals
- Porter lifts Rampage past Moose 5-4 in OT - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Double-Up First Place Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- O'Marra's OT Goal Lifts Falcons To 3-2 Win - Springfield Falcons
- Falcons clip Sound Tigers in overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars fall to Peoria - Texas Stars
- Bulldogs earn sixth win in a row - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose suffer 5-4 overtime loss - Manitoba Moose
- Petiot has three points in 5-3 win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens blast Albany - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals on Cloud Nine After Overtime Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Topple Toronto, 6-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- Adirondack Dethrones Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Spooked Monarchs Drop To Second - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Pummel Penguins to Win Fifth in a Row - Syracuse Crunch
- Sharks Look Sexy in First Place After 3-0 Win Over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Earn 4-3 Win Over Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 3-0 - Providence Bruins
- Aeros add goalie to thinning roster - Houston Aeros
- Enroth Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- Canadiens Recall David Desharnais, Brock Trotter And Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At B'Ville Diner to Help Multiple Sclerosis Awareness - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Admirals Announce Game Time Change - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Announce Time Change To March 21 Game - Houston Aeros
- Hamilton Bulldogs "Pink In The Rink" Night On February 13 At Copps Coliseum - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Miracle Memories - A Celebration Of The 30th Anniversary Of The 'Miracle on Ice' - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins' Kolosov To Play In Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hamilton Recalls Maxime Lacroix From Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Raises $41,500 At Tip-A-Player Dinner - Connecticut Whale
- 'Canes Recall Justin Peters & Zach Boychuk From Albany - Albany River Rats
- River Rats 4th Annual Ronald McDonald House Jersey Auction Saturday - Albany River Rats
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - - Springfield Falcons
- Moose To Wear East St. Paul Aces Jersey To Celebrate "Hockey Night In Manitoba" - Manitoba Moose
- Game Night: Amerks Take On 'Dogs At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Hit Classroom February 10th To Help With "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Quick Hits -- 2/5/10 - AHL
- B-Sens Assign Goaltender Chris Holt And Forward Tim Spencer To Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Sign D Jamie Fritsch To Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Re-Sign Caruana - Portland Pirates
- Kirk Gibson Highlights Griffins' Home Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Cool Off Heat, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Slip Past Heat - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.