RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (72-65) vs. Nashville Sounds (73-65)
Games 138 & 139 | Sept. 2, 2010, 2:05 pm CDT | AT&T Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City, OK
1340 Fox Sports, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers & Judson Richards
RH Doug Mathis (5-6, 5.75) vs. RH Marty McLeary (6-4, 5.40)
RH Guillermo Moscoso (7-6, 5.11) vs. LH Sam Narron (9-7, 4.16)
TODAY: The Redhawks and Nashville Sounds play the second of back-to-back doubleheaders starting at 2:05 pm CDT. The teams split two yesterday, Nashville taking the opener 9-5 after opening a 9-0 lead through 4 1/2 innings. Two outs from a win in the nightcap, OKC let a 2-1 lead slip away in the seventh inning of Game 2 on Brendan Katin's second homer of the game (and third of the twin bill) off rehabber Scott Feldman to force extra innings. The RedHawks won in the 10th on a walk by Matt Brown.
MAGIC NUMBER DROPS TO 3: The RedHawks' division lead climbed to 3.5 last night with Iowa coming from behind with 9 runs in the ninth to beat Albuquerque 15-13 coupled with the RedHawks' doubleheader split. The magic number for the RedHawks to clinch has dropped to 3 games. OKC and Albuquerque have each had their seasons shortened to 143 games because of rainouts.
NIPPERT TOSSES 3 SCORELESS: Righthander Dustin Nippert started yesterday's second game and pitched 3 scoreless innings, allowing 1 hit (34 pitches, 23 strikes). It was his third rehab appearance and first for OKC. Nippert was placed on Texas' 15-day DL July 20 after taking a batted ball off his head July 19 at Detroit. His rehab began with 2 appearances at Double-A Frisco Aug. 27 and Aug. 29, combining to pitch 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing 1 hit.
DOUBLEHEADER RESULTS: OKC has swept its opposition in 2 doubleheaders this season (New Orleans, June 16 and Nashville July 7). The RedHawks were swept by Fresno May 17, at Iowa July 20 and at Memphis July 24. Yesterday was the RedHawks first split of the season.
GAME TIME AND BROADCAST CHANGES: Today's 2:05 doubleheader will be broadcast on daytime flagship 1340 AM Fox Sports. Because of Friday night high school football programming, the RedHawks-Omaha game will air live on 96.1 FM KXY. Fox Sports 1340 will air all 3 weekend games: Saturday at 11:05 am, Sunday at 4:05 and Monday at 1:05.
IRIBARREN'S STREAK ENDS: Hernan Iribarren had an 8-game hitting streak snapped in last night's finale. During the streak, he was 12-for-30 (.400) with 2 homers and 6 RBIs.
RAMIREZ STREAK HALTED AT 7: Max Ramirez was hitless in yesterday's opener, halting a 7-game hitting streak. Including yesterday, Ramirez has hits in 12 of his last 14, going 16-for-49 (.327) with 2 homers and 11 RBIs.
DAVIS AT 7: Chris Davis upped his hitting streak to 7 games yesterday (11-for-29, .379). Davis has 1 homer and 5 RBIs during the streak.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Friday Sept. 3 Omaha LH Michael Ballard 5-8, 5.35 RH Luis Mendoza 10-8, 4.08 KXY 96.1 FM
Saturday Sept. 4 Omaha RH Brandon McCarthy 4-1, 3.44 LH Blaine Hardy 3-4, 3.55 1340 Fox Sports
Sunday Sept. 5 Omaha TBA RH Anthony Lerew 8-4, 2.60 1340 Fox Sports
Monday Sept. 6 Omaha TBA RH Matt Herges 8-4, 4.86 1340 Fox Sports
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Offering Community Match Ticket Sale During Thanksgiving Week
- LifeShare WinterFest and Snow Tubing Return to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- OKC Dodgers Announce 2020 Schedule
- Gavin Lux Named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Dodgers Close Season with 10-1 Loss