Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers
RENO, Nev.- Ed Easley sent 8,747 fans home happy Thursday night, grounding a walk-off single to left that lifted the Reno Aces to a 5-4 win over the Portland Beavers in the home season finale at Aces Ballpark.
Trailing 4-3 in the ninth, the Aces mounted a rally in their final home game of the 2010 season. Jeff Bailey and Yunesky Sanchez led off with back-to-back walks before Mark Hallberg moved the runners to second and third with a sacrifice bunt. Carlos Corporan pinch-hit and drew an intentional walk, setting the stage for Easley's heroics.
Kevin Mulvey started for Reno but did not factor in the decision, tossing seven innings and allowing just two runs on six hits. Kasey Olenberger (2-3) earned the win in relief after throwing a scoreless ninth inning.
Beavers starter Radhames Liz took a no-decision as well, matching Mulvey's seven innings and surrendering three runs. Luis Perdomo (3-6) took the loss after allowing the game-winning run.
At the plate for Reno, Doug Deeds led the way with a double and a triple while scoring twice. Drew Macias and Ed Rogers both went 1-for-4 with an RBI for the Aces, who won despite being outhit 10-6.
Reno plays its final four games of the season on the road at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City. Friday's series-opener will see Aces RHP Matt Torra (11-6, 4.45 ERA) take the hill against Salt Lake Bees RHP Tyler Chatwood (0-0, No ERA). First pitch is set for 6:05 p.m. PT, all the action can be heard live in Reno on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM or online at RenoAces.com.
Full- and partial-season tickets are available now by calling the Reno Aces at (775) 334-4700 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week throughout the offseason.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.