Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals
GAME 140 - 7:05 p.m. CDT - SEPT. 2, 2010 - OMAHA, NEB. - ROSENBLATT STADIUM
ROUND ROCK EXPRESS (55-84) at OMAHA ROYALS (77-62)
RADIO: 92.5 FM Austin (no online streaming audio)
EXPRESS: RHP Sergio Perez (3-3, 5.01 ERA) - ROYALS: RHP Luke Hochevar (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
MONDAY, AUG. 30 - GAME 137
Royals 23, Express 5
WP: Hardy (3-4). LP: Van Hekken (7-8). SV: None.
TUESDAY, AUG. 31 - GAME 138
Royals 7, Express 0 (5 innings)
WP: Lerew (8-4). LP: Lyles (0-2). SV: None.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 1 - 7:05 p.m. CDT - GAME 139
Royals 5, Express 1
WP: Herges (8-4). LP: Banks (9-11). SV: None.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 2 - 7:05 p.m. CDT - GAME 140
Express: RHP Sergio Perez (3-3, 5.01 ERA)
Royals: RHP Luke Hochevar (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Round Rock concludes its final road trip Thursday with the finale of a four-game series against the Omaha Royals (Kansas City Royals). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at Rosenblatt Stadium. The Express (55-84) are 1-9 in their last 10 games and have lost eight straight, the longest skid of the season. The Royals (77-62) are 6-4 in their last 10 games after winning each of the series' first three games. Round Rock is 20-51 on the road, winning only two of 18 road series. Omaha is 39-32 at home. The Express enter Thursday's game fourth in the PCL American Southern Division, 18.0 games behind division-leader Oklahoma City. The Royals are third in the PCL American Northern Division, three games behind division-leader Iowa, two games behind second-place Memphis and three-and-a-half games ahead of fourth-place Nashville.
EXPRESS ON THE AIR
Tonight's game will be broadcast live on 92.5 FM in the Austin area. Pregame starts at 15 minutes prior to first pitch with veteran Express play-by-play man Mike Capps on the call. Live streaming audio of the broadcast will not be available.
Omaha leads the season series 11-4, winning six of seven meetings at Rosenblatt Stadium and four straight overall. The teams split a four-game set at The Dell Diamond in April, and the Royals won three of four at Round Rock in June. The Express lost the first three games of a series at Omaha in late May, salvaging the series finale 4-2. The third game of the teams' first series at Rosenblatt Stadium - a 10-2 Omaha victory - saw every run scored via home run (six by the Royals; two by the Express). Round Rock and Omaha have played four extra-inning games with the Royals winning each of the last three; the teams have played a total of 10 extra innings. The Express have scored more than five runs only once in this year's 15 meetings - an 8-3 victory June 20 at The Dell Diamond.
Overall: Royals lead 11-4
Round Rock: Royals lead 5-3
Omaha: Royals lead 6-1
Streak: Royals 4
One-Run Games: Express lead 1-0
Extra-Inning Games: Royals lead 3-1
EXPRESS STARTING PITCHER
RHP SERGIO PEREZ
Fifth season in professional baseball, all with Houston Astros organization ... Astros 2006 second-round draft pick out of the University of Tampa, the same program that produced Tino Martinez and Lou Piniella ... Spent all of 2008 and 2009 seasons at Corpus Christi (AA) ... Started this season at Corpus Christi, going 2-3 with a 3.09 ERA in 43.2 innings ... 0-3 over last four starts with Hooks despite a 3.04 ERA in that time ... Promoted to Round Rock in mid-May ... Makes 10th Express start Thursday; also has four relief appearances ... 2-2 with a 3.43 ERA and a .242 opponents' batting average in eight home appearances, seven of which were starts; 1-1 with 9.82 ERA and a .397 opponents' batting average in five road outings, including two starts ... No-decision at Memphis in last start (8/28); tossed 3.0 scoreless innings on two hits and three walks with three strikeouts.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Round Rock Express Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- Former Express OF Yordan Alvarez Named AL Rookie of the Year
- Round Rock Express Name OF Kyle Tucker Most Valuable Player
- Round Rock Express 2019 Full-Season Game Notes
- Round Rock Express Partners with StellarAlgo