Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3
RENO, Nev.- Jeff Bailey notched his 75th RBI of the season, but the Portland offense was too much Wednesday night, as the Beavers topped the Aces, 11-3, at Aces Ballpark.
Portland hopped on the scoreboard in the first inning, and the Beavers would never trail. After holding a slim one-run lead through three frames, Portland scored four times in the fourth, added two in the sixth and three more in the seventh to cruise to the victory.
Aces starter Cesar Valdez (5-10) took the loss Wednesday, surrendering seven runs-five earned-on nine hits over 5.1 innings of work. Valdez walked four and struck out two in a 97-pitch effort. Three Aces relievers combined to surrender four runs on five hits with four walks over the game's final 3.2 innings.
The win went to Portland starter Cesar Ramos (6-7), who scattered just two runs-one earned-on three Aces hits over five innings. At the plate for Reno, Doug Deeds notched his team-leading 38th double of the season. Deeds, Bailey and Ed Rogers were responsible for driving in the three Reno runs on the night.
The Aces will play their final home game of the 2010 season on Thursday night at Aces Ballpark. RHP Kevin Mulvey (7-8, 4.75 ERA) gets the nod for Reno, while RHP Radhames Liz (8-8, 4.97 ERA) counters for Portland. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT, and the Aces will celebrate Fan Appreciation Day with a slew of exciting giveaways.
Just one game remains on the 2010 home slate, as the Reno Aces are celebrating Fan Appreciation Week at Aces Ballpark. As a gesture of the organization's appreciation to its loyal and passionate fan base for such a successful season, the club is offering fans 2-for-1 tickets in the Outfield Reserved, Right-Field Reserved and General Admission seating sections. Tickets are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com. The brand-new Freight House District, located just outside Aces Ballpark, is open seven days a week, on both game days and non-game days.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.