Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation
Ryan Sanders Baseball and the Round Rock Express Baseball Club announced that Friday, September 3 will be Jay Miller Appreciation Night at The Dell Diamond. Miller recently was named Senior Vice President of the Texas Rangers; his last day with the Express was August 27.
Round Rock hosts the Albuquerque Isotopes for a 7:05 p.m. CDT first pitch that evening. It is the final Friday night game of the season. Festivities will begin well before first pitch, though, and fans are encouraged to arrive early to help show appreciation to Miller for his 11 seasons of leadership and Round Rock community involvement.
Various events will take place throughout the night's game that will relate to Miller and his service to the Express. Several organizational and community dignitaries will be on hand, as well. That night's postgame fireworks will be dedicated to Miller.
Shirt Off the Back Night Saturday, Sept. 4
The Round Rock Express and the Special Olympics of Texas have partnered once again to bring "Shirt Off the Back Night" to The Dell Diamond Saturday, Sept. 5, as the Express play host to the Omaha Royals. First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. CDT.
Fans have a unique chance to win the players and coaches game-worn jerseys from that night. Fans can simply purchase a $1 raffle ticket - no limit on number of tickets purchased - to make themselves eligible for the drawing that takes place on the field immediately following the game. Once a winning ticket is chosen, the lucky fan makes their way onto the field and receives their jersey directly from the player or coach!
Raffle tickets can be purchased at a designated table located on the home plate concourse. All proceeds will go to benefit the Special Olympics of Texas.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- River Cats Top Express 7-5 in Season-Ending Heartbreaker
- Houston Astros SS Carlos Correa Joins Round Rock Express for Major League Rehab Assignment on Friday Night
- River Cats Top Express 4-2 in PCL Championship Game Two
- River Cats Edge Express 8-7 in PCL Championship Opener
- Round Rock Express Set Roster and Starting Rotation for Pacific Coast League Championship Series