Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO - Labor Day weekend is the final home stand of the Sky Sox' 2010 season as they play a four-game series against the Sacramento RiverCats starting on Friday, September 3 and concluding on Monday, September 6. The weekend is jam packed with fantastic promotions including two spectacular fireworks shows, a fleece blanket giveaway and "Shirt Off our Backs" night, as the Sox have one last hurrah at Security Service Field.
The weekend starts with the final Friday Fireworks night of the season as part of Emergency Preparedness Night as the popular promotion starts things off with a bang. The game starts at 7:05 PM with the pyrotechnic show firing off after the conclusion of the game courtesy of The Office of Emergency Management and Colorado Citizens Corp.
Saturday, September 4th is Fan Appreciation Day at the ballpark highlighted by the biggest fireworks show of the 2010 season. This post-game show will be twice as big as a regular fireworks show so come on out to the park and be prepared for a huge extravaganza. Game time is set for 7:05 PM.
Game three of the series will not only feature the ever-popular 50¢ hot dogs, presented by the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and US Bank Kid's Club Day but as a special treat the first 1,000 fans who enter the gates will receive a free, high quality Sky Sox fleece blanket courtesy of RE/MAX. Game time on this special Sunday is set for 1:05 PM and the gates open up at noon so fans should plan to arrive early for the giveaway.
For the final game of the 2010 season, it's the exciting "Shirt Off our Backs" presented by Security Service Federal Credit Union. Throughout the game, the Sky Sox will be giving away the game-worn jerseys of all nine starting players and our manager Stu Cole. Ten lucky fans will go home with these autographed, one-of-a-kind jerseys so fans should make sure to be on hand to sign up for their chance to win. Game time is 1:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Springs Sky Sox Stories
- Dodgers Force Sky Sox to Monday Division Decision
- Sky Sox Saturday Night Games Postponed Due to Heavy Rain
- Sky Sox One Win Shy of Clinching American North Division
- Sky Sox Final Regular Season Homestand Begins Tomorrow
- Sky Sox Catcher Christian Bethancourt Named to All-PCL Team