Tammen Named Sounds General Manager
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nashville Sounds announced today that Brad Tammen has been named the team's new General Manager. Since October 2009, Tammen has served as the club's Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
"We've been impressed with Brad since he arrived. He has already made tremendous contributions to the Sounds organization," said Sounds owner Frank Ward. "His extensive experience and strong leadership skills will help guide this club into the future."
"Nashville felt like home from the moment we arrived," Tammen said. "This is a great organization and I'm excited about the opportunity to help the Sounds thrive and grow."
Tammen replaces former General Manager George King, who decided to leave the team to pursue other opportunities in baseball.
With Tammen overseeing the team's sales efforts, the Sounds enjoyed an attendance increase of nearly 14,000 fans to 319,235 during the 2010 season.
In addition to his other duties, Tammen managed the Sounds "Play Ball!" Project this summer, which contributed more than $130,000 to help youth baseball organizations in Middle Tennessee affected by the flood.
Before he came to Nashville, Tammen spent nine years with the Triple-A Salt Lake Bees, where he served as Assistant General Manager and oversaw corporate sales as well as all game day operations.
He began his career in 1990 with the Triple-A Oklahoma City 89ers/Oklahoma RedHawks. During his 11 years in Oklahoma City, Tammen served as the director of sales and promotions and was instrumental in directing sales and marketing efforts for the opening of AT&T Bricktown Ballpark in 1998. A native of Charleston, Illinois, Tammen is a graduate of Eastern Illinois University. He and his wife, Tammy, have three children: Adalida, Camden, and Layla.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds' Holiday Bundle on Sale Friday
- Sounds Announce 2020 Schedule
- Sounds to Host Job Fair for GLOW Nashville on Monday, October 28 at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Sounds Nominated for Prestigious Minor League Baseball Honor
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off