Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2
OMAHA, Neb. - In the final game at historic Rosenblatt Stadium, the Omaha Royals completed a four-game series sweep of the Round Rock Express with a 6-2 victory. The Express (55-85) finished winless in nine games on the season's final road trip. The Royals (78-62) won the season series 12-4.
Oswaldo Navarro doubled and later scored on a wild pitch in the top of the first inning; however, that was the only lead the Express would enjoy. Mike Moustakas drilled a two-run homer in the bottom of the first to give the Royals a lead they never relinquished. It was the fourth homer of the series for Moustakas, who played three of the series' four games and totaled 13 RBI.
Edgar Osuna (1-3) earned the victory in relief of starter Luke Hochevar, who made a 3.0-inning rehab start. Osuna allowed one run on three hits and a walk with four strikeouts over 3.0 innings. Victory Marte, Brian Anderson and Tim Collins each worked a scoreless frame to close the game.
Round Rock starter Sergio Perez (3-4) took the loss, allowing five runs on five hits and four walks with two strikeouts over 4.0 innings. Yorman Bazardo worked the final 4.0 innings and allowed one run on six hits and two walks with two strikeouts.
The Royals pushed their lead to 4-1 with a pair of runs on just one hit in the third. Scott Thorman plated the first run with a sacrifice fly, and Irving Falu later scored on a wild pitch.
The Express got a run back in the fourth on Edwin Maysonet's two-out RBI single. Omaha capped the scoring with a Jarrod Dyson RBI infield single in the bottom of the fourth and a Kurt Mertins RBI single in the eighth.
Maysonet and Navarro both were 2-for-3 for the Express. Dyson finished 4-for-4 with a walk and two runs scored.
Round Rock opens its final series of the season Friday with a 7:05 p.m. CDT first pitch against the Albuquerque Isotopes at The Dell Diamond. Right-hander Shane Loux (5-12, 5.73 ERA) starts for the Express, while right-hander John Ely (5-3, 5.93 ERA) gets the nod for the Isotopes.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 2, 2010
- Aces Walk-Off with 5-4 Win Over Beavers - Reno Aces
- Beavers Lose Final Road Game on Easley's Two-Run Single in Ninth - Portland Beavers
- Isotopes Crush Cubs 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Come up Short Against Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
- Timbers Set New Attendance Records, Welcome One Millionth Fan In - Portland Beavers
- Big Crowd Enjoys Win, Final Game Tributes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Drop Finale at Omaha 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Sweep RedHawks in Doubleheader - Nashville Sounds
- J.P. Arencibia Named PCL MVP - PCL
- Michael Kirkman Named PCL Pitcher of the Year - PCL
- Last Time For Sky Sox Fans To Enjoy Boys Of Summer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Rally to Win Home Finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Drop Road Finale; Barden Extends Hit Streak - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Royals - Round Rock Express
- Huge Night Planned for Jay Miller Appreciation - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Return for Final Homestand of 2010 - Fresno Grizzlies
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Iowa Cubs in Tight Pennant Race - Iowa Cubs
- Royals Renew PDC with Omaha Through 2014 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tammen Named Sounds General Manager - Nashville Sounds
- Stansberry Breaks Hits Record as Beavers Roll Aces - Portland Beavers
- Beavers Cruise Past Aces, 11-3 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Round Rock Express Issue Statement on Affiliation
- With Announcements, More MiLB Teams Left Twisting in the Wind
- Hardy to Join Midland for December 5 Concert at Dell Diamond
- "Bulls in the Ballpark" Invades Dell Diamond this Weekend
- Holidays in Hutto Community Event Announced