Raptors 905 Acquires Davion Berry from Maine Red Claws
Raptors 905, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Toronto Raptors, announced Friday it has acquired guard Davion Berry from the Maine Red Claws in exchange for the Santa Cruz Warriors' original third-round draft pick (previously acquired by Raptors 905) and the returning player rights to guard Abdul Gaddy, pending a physical.
In 31 regular season games this season with Maine (17 starts), Berry, 6-foot-4, 185 pounds, is averaging 7.7 points, 2.8 assists, 1.9 rebounds and 22.6 minutes. In 46 career NBA D-League regular season games with Maine (2015-16), Berry has averaged 7.5 points, 2.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 21.9 minutes.
In 2014-15, Berry also played for Auxilium Pallacanestro Torino in Italy, where he averaged 8.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 26.7 minutes in 17 games (13 starts). Before returning to the Red Claws this season, Berry played for the Changwon LG Sakers in Korea, where he averaged 3.3 points, 1.7 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 9.1 minutes in three games.
Prior to turning pro, Berry played two seasons at Weber State University (2012-14), where he averaged 17.1 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 32.6 minutes in 68 games (all starts).
Gaddy was originally acquired by Raptors 905 in the 2015 NBA D-League Expansion Draft. Santa Cruz's third-round pick was originally acquired by Raptors 905 along with forward Ronald Roberts Jr. from the Warriors in exchange for a 2015 second-round pick, 2016 first-round pick and the returning player rights to forward Kevin Jones.
Raptors 905 is back in action Saturday, March 5 when it plays host to the Red Claws at Hershey Centre in Mississauga at 2 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2016
- Santa Cruz Drops to Oklahoma City in Heartbreaking Overtime Loss - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Clinch Playoff Birth in Blowout Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Bests Warriors in Overtime - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Toure Murry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Grand Rapids Roughed up by Sioux Falls, 118-85 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Acquire Pierre Jackson in Trade with Idaho - Texas Legends
- Legends Acquire Andre Dawkins in Trade with Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Stampede Acquire Player Rights to Eric Griffin from Legends - Idaho Stampede
- Dawson's Double-Double Not Enough in Loss to Vipers - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tavares from NBA Development League - Bakersfield Jam
- Josh Huestis and Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - G League
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick from Texas Legends - Raptors 905
- Legends Acquire Melvin Johnson III in Trade with Raptors 905 - Texas Legends
- Raptors 905 Acquires Davion Berry from Maine Red Claws - Raptors 905
- Stampede Acquire Future Draft Pick from 905 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Acquire Jeff Ayres - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Raptors 905 Acquires E.J. Singler from Idaho Stampede - Raptors 905
- Fwd: Rockets Assign Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jam Dropped by D-Fenders - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue and Brown Push D-Fenders Past Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Reno Takes Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Lead All 48 Minutes - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.