Dawson's Double-Double Not Enough in Loss to Vipers
Erie, Pennsylvania, March 4 - Erie, Pennsylvania, March 3 - The BayHawks fell to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers 106-118 despite strong second-half play this evening at Erie Insurance Arena.
The Vipers used the most of their NBA assignment players in the first with seven points from Montrezl Harrell and six from KJ McDaniels. Erie was able to stay in the game despite 35% shooting from the field and closed the quarter trailing 20-28.
The quarter held runs for both teams with Erie using a 12-0 run to tie the game at 34 and Rio Grande Valley answering with a 15-2 run. The Vipers shot 60% to propel them to a 70-50 lead going into half.
The BayHawks opened the second half on a 16-5 run. The Vipers recovered from their one of 10 start to the third and closed the quarter leading 91-74. Branden Dawson grabbed a double-double before the start of the fourth.
Jordan Sibert hit back-to-back threes with two minutes left and Dawson added a layup to pull the score within seven before Sam Dekker and Jordan Hamilton answered with two threes and sealed the game.
The Vipers had seven players score in double digits. Harrell led the way with 23 points and six rebounds. Will Cummings posted 19 points. Dekker added 16 points on seven of nine shooting.
Dawson had a game-high 24 points and 15 rebounds for the BayHawks. In his return from a calf injury, Jordan Sibert had 16 points behind four three-pointers. Keith Appling notched 24 points.
The BayHawks return to Erie Insurance Arena tomorrow night at 7pm against the Westchester Knicks for Celebrate Your Faith night. Tickets available at eriebayhawks.com/celebrate
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2016
- Santa Cruz Drops to Oklahoma City in Heartbreaking Overtime Loss - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Clinch Playoff Birth in Blowout Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Bests Warriors in Overtime - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Toure Murry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Grand Rapids Roughed up by Sioux Falls, 118-85 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Acquire Pierre Jackson in Trade with Idaho - Texas Legends
- Legends Acquire Andre Dawkins in Trade with Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Stampede Acquire Player Rights to Eric Griffin from Legends - Idaho Stampede
- Dawson's Double-Double Not Enough in Loss to Vipers - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tavares from NBA Development League - Bakersfield Jam
- Josh Huestis and Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - G League
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick from Texas Legends - Raptors 905
- Legends Acquire Melvin Johnson III in Trade with Raptors 905 - Texas Legends
- Raptors 905 Acquires Davion Berry from Maine Red Claws - Raptors 905
- Stampede Acquire Future Draft Pick from 905 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Acquire Jeff Ayres - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Raptors 905 Acquires E.J. Singler from Idaho Stampede - Raptors 905
- Fwd: Rockets Assign Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jam Dropped by D-Fenders - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue and Brown Push D-Fenders Past Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Reno Takes Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Lead All 48 Minutes - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.