Blue and Brown Push D-Fenders Past Jam
EL SEGUNDO - The D-Fenders beat the Bakersfield Jam 124-103 tonight in El Segundo, CA, tying a franchise record with 13 consecutive home wins.
Vander Blue (41 points, 12/22 FG) led the D-Fenders (23-16). Jabari Brown (26 point) and Ryan Gomes (21 points, 13 rebounds) also reached the 20-point mark, while Josh Magette finished with 14 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds for Los Angeles.
Terrico White (22 points) paced the Jam (17-22). Xavier Silas (20 points), Xavier Munford (16 points), Cory Jefferson (14 points) and Walter Tavares (12 points, 7 rebounds) also reached double-digits for Bakersfield.
The first quarter was tight, with the D-Fenders holding a 32-31 lead after one. The second quarter was a similar story, with Los Angeles edging Bakersfield 28-26 to take a 60-57 lead into the halftime break. Brown had a team-high 16 points in the half, while White had 18 points for Bakersfield.
The third quarter was the Vander Blue show, as he tallied 17 points for the D-Fenders, who led 90-88 after three. Blue continued to roll in the fourth, tallying 14 points, while Brown had eight in the quarter. The D-Fenders outscored the Jam 34-15 in the fourth quarter, holding Bakersfield to 25% from the field, while shooting 61.1% as a team.
The D-Fenders shot .489 from the field on the night, compared to .432 for the Jam. Los Angeles outrebounded Bakersfield 48-38, edging the Jam 28-15 in second chance points.
Los Angeles hosts the Texas Legends on Saturday at 6:30pm PT in El Segundo.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2016
- Santa Cruz Drops to Oklahoma City in Heartbreaking Overtime Loss - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Skyforce Clinch Playoff Birth in Blowout Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blue Bests Warriors in Overtime - Oklahoma City Blue
- Skyforce Acquire Toure Murry - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Grand Rapids Roughed up by Sioux Falls, 118-85 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Acquire Pierre Jackson in Trade with Idaho - Texas Legends
- Legends Acquire Andre Dawkins in Trade with Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
- Stampede Acquire Player Rights to Eric Griffin from Legends - Idaho Stampede
- Dawson's Double-Double Not Enough in Loss to Vipers - Erie BayHawks
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tavares from NBA Development League - Bakersfield Jam
- Josh Huestis and Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Reno Bighorns
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - Bakersfield Jam
- Bakersfield Protest Granted - G League
- Raptors 905 Acquires Fourth-Round Pick from Texas Legends - Raptors 905
- Legends Acquire Melvin Johnson III in Trade with Raptors 905 - Texas Legends
- Raptors 905 Acquires Davion Berry from Maine Red Claws - Raptors 905
- Stampede Acquire Future Draft Pick from 905 - Idaho Stampede
- Austin Spurs this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders Acquire Jeff Ayres - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Raptors 905 Acquires E.J. Singler from Idaho Stampede - Raptors 905
- Fwd: Rockets Assign Montrezl Harrell and K.J. McDaniels to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jam Dropped by D-Fenders - Bakersfield Jam
- Blue and Brown Push D-Fenders Past Jam - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Reno Takes Revenge on Texas - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Lead All 48 Minutes - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt