Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have recalled guard David Nwaba from the D-Fenders, it was announced today.
In Saturday's Western Conference Semifinal win against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, Nwaba scored 22 points, to go along with nine rebounds, three assists and one block. Overall, the rookie averaged 14.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks in 40 games (31 starts) for the NBA D-League affiliate in the regular season, while connecting on a league-high 64.9 percent of his shots from the field.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 9, 2017
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Charge Eliminated from Playoffs - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt