Rampage Drop 6-3 Decision to Rockford
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Rampage (5-4-0-0) fell to the Rockford IceHogs (6-2-0-1) 6-3 in front of 4,469 on Friday night at the AT&T Center. The Silver and Black dropped back-to-back games for the first time this season.
Greg Zanon tallied two assists, and Blake Parlett notched his first goal of the season for the Rampage. Bobby Butler extended his point streak to four games with an assist on Ryan Martindale's power play goal in the second period.
Rockford got on the board first, as Matt Carey's wrist shot on the break gave the IceHogs a 1-0 lead with less than five minutes left in the first period. The Rampage answered quickly, as Blake Parlett deflected Alex Petrovic's blast from the point for his first goal of the season to knot the game at one at 16:07.
Rockford took a 2-1 lead with a Joakim Nordstrom backhand goal on a 5-on-3 power play early in the second period. Midway through the frame, the IceHogs extended their lead to two goals when Phillip Danault's cross-ice pass gave Garret Ross a clear shot on net from the slot.
With 7:23 remaining in the period, the Rampage struck on a power play, as Butler found Martindale on a break to make it 3-2. The goal marked Martindale's second of the season, both of which have come with the man advantage.
The IceHogs converted on their first shot on goal in the third period, as Ross notched his second of the game at 11:27. San Antonio answered, as Connor Brickley tipped in Greg Zanon's slap shot from the point to make it 4-3 less than 30 seconds later. The Rampage's rally would fall short, as Rockford got an insurance goal from Danault with less than four minutes remaining and Ross completed the hat trick with an empty-net goal from center ice to secure a 6-3 win for the IceHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 31, 2014
- Griffins Drop 6-5 OT Decision to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Drop 6-3 Decision to Rockford - San Antonio Rampage
- Offense Comes Alive as IceHogs Defeat Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Snap Skid with 3-2 OT Victory over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals, Yip Slip by Penguins, 3-2, in Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Top Stars 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens Survive Comets 4-3 in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Erase 3-0 Deficit But Ultimately Lose 4-3 in OT - Utica Comets
- Wannstrom's OT Winner Caps Wolves Rally - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Special Teams Struggle in 3-0 Loss to Americans - Syracuse Crunch
- Pirates Spook IceCaps with Six Unanswered Goals - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Candy Crushed by Hershey, 4-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Makarov, Amerks Shutout Crunch in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Monsters on the Road, 5-2 - Texas Stars
- Bears Stymie Monarchs in October Finale - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Can't Contain Pirates on Halloween - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Launch New Website - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Kings Announce Roster Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals to Host Straw Poll of Governor's Race this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Attempt to Break World Record in Brovember - Rockford IceHogs
- New Glass, Dasher Board System Installed at Home of The Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Fall to Bulldogs 3-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Springfield Falcons to Honor Head Equipment Manager Ralph Calvanese - Springfield Falcons
- Registration for Downtown Career Fair Closes Monday - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Reassign Cedric Paquette to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Drop Checkers 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Assign Budish to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Assigns Branden Troock to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Rampage to Honor Face off against Kids Cancer Member - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Toyota Frozen Dome Classic Adopt-A-Kid Campaign with Ticket Donation - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Re-Assign Patrice Cormier to St. John's - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Reassign Darling to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Springfield Falcons Hold 'Winning Wednesday' November 5 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Peter Sivak - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Sign McBain - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.