IceHogs Attempt to Break World Record in Brovember
Rockford, Ill. - As the calendar turns to November the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs are putting away their razors for a good cause. The IceHogs are teaming up with the Brovember Beard-A-Thon initiative for a pair of promotional games later this month, highlighted by an attempt for a Guinness World Record on Wednesday, Nov. 26.
After Rockford finishes its contest on the 26th against the Iowa Wild, the IceHogs invite everyone in attendance sporting facial hair, whether thick or thin, onto the ice where they hope to break the world record for the most beards and mustaches in one place, in honor of Brovember. Prizes will also be awarded at the end of the night for the longest and most creative beards.
Also as part of the Brovember festivities, the IceHogs will be sporting specialty jerseys both on Nov. 26 and on Friday, Nov. 28 against the Chicago Wolves. Following Friday's game, the Brovember jerseys, as well as an assortment of other prizes, including a custom autographed Brovember bags board set, will be auctioned off via with the proceeds benefitting Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center and prostate cancer awareness.
Participants will have the opportunity to download a photo of the hairy horde from the IceHogs website at a later date, and - if a new record is set - will receive a code which they can use toward getting their own certificate commemorating their part in setting a new Guinness World Record.
Fans can also choose to participate in the movement by showing off their own facial hair growth throughout the month on social media, using the hashtag #Hogstache. The IceHogs social media outlets will also be giving updates on how the IceHogs players are participating in Brovember.
Tickets to both games are available in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center box office, at any Ticketmaster location including Walmart, or by phone at 815-968-5222 or by visiting icehogs.com.
About Brovember: Brovember is a non-profit organization based in the Rockford area which is dedicated to promoting and raising money for men's cancer awareness. Starting with their first-annual Brovember Beard-A-Thon in 2012, the organization has used the popularity of trends like No-Shave November and Movember to bring attention to men's prostate cancer. For more information, visit brovembercentral.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 31, 2014
- Griffins Drop 6-5 OT Decision to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Drop 6-3 Decision to Rockford - San Antonio Rampage
- Offense Comes Alive as IceHogs Defeat Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Snap Skid with 3-2 OT Victory over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals, Yip Slip by Penguins, 3-2, in Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Top Stars 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens Survive Comets 4-3 in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Erase 3-0 Deficit But Ultimately Lose 4-3 in OT - Utica Comets
- Wannstrom's OT Winner Caps Wolves Rally - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Special Teams Struggle in 3-0 Loss to Americans - Syracuse Crunch
- Pirates Spook IceCaps with Six Unanswered Goals - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Candy Crushed by Hershey, 4-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Makarov, Amerks Shutout Crunch in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Monsters on the Road, 5-2 - Texas Stars
- Bears Stymie Monarchs in October Finale - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Can't Contain Pirates on Halloween - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Launch New Website - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Kings Announce Roster Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals to Host Straw Poll of Governor's Race this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Attempt to Break World Record in Brovember - Rockford IceHogs
- New Glass, Dasher Board System Installed at Home of The Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Fall to Bulldogs 3-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Springfield Falcons to Honor Head Equipment Manager Ralph Calvanese - Springfield Falcons
- Registration for Downtown Career Fair Closes Monday - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Reassign Cedric Paquette to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Drop Checkers 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Assign Budish to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Assigns Branden Troock to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Rampage to Honor Face off against Kids Cancer Member - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Toyota Frozen Dome Classic Adopt-A-Kid Campaign with Ticket Donation - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Re-Assign Patrice Cormier to St. John's - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Reassign Darling to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Springfield Falcons Hold 'Winning Wednesday' November 5 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Peter Sivak - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Sign McBain - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E