Kings Announce Roster Transactions
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings have activated forward Trevor Lewis from the injured reserve list and assigned forward David Van der Gulik to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Lewis, 27, has played in one game this season with the Kings, recording six shots in the season opener against San Jose. He was placed on the injured reserve list on Oct. 8 due to an upper-body injury; he missed nine games with the injury.
The Salt Lake City, UT product was originally drafted by the Kings in the first round (17th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He has appeared in 277 games with Los Angeles, collecting 48 points (18-3048) and 57 penalty minutes.
Van der Gulik appeared in one game during his call-up, his first in a Kings jersey. The 5-10, 187-pound native of Abbotsford, British Columbia has played in 5 games for the Monarchs this season, recording two points (2-02), two penalty minutes and plus-2 rating. At the time of his recall, his two goals rank tied for second on the team.
The Kings continue a five-game road trip tonight in Detroit, with game time from Joe Louis Arena slated for 4:30 p.m. (PDT). The game will be broadcast on Prime Ticket and TalkRadio 790 KABC.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 31, 2014
- Griffins Drop 6-5 OT Decision to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Drop 6-3 Decision to Rockford - San Antonio Rampage
- Offense Comes Alive as IceHogs Defeat Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Snap Skid with 3-2 OT Victory over Penguins - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals, Yip Slip by Penguins, 3-2, in Overtime - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Top Stars 5-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens Survive Comets 4-3 in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Erase 3-0 Deficit But Ultimately Lose 4-3 in OT - Utica Comets
- Wannstrom's OT Winner Caps Wolves Rally - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Special Teams Struggle in 3-0 Loss to Americans - Syracuse Crunch
- Pirates Spook IceCaps with Six Unanswered Goals - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Candy Crushed by Hershey, 4-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Makarov, Amerks Shutout Crunch in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Monsters on the Road, 5-2 - Texas Stars
- Bears Stymie Monarchs in October Finale - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Can't Contain Pirates on Halloween - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers Announce Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Launch New Website - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Kings Announce Roster Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- Admirals to Host Straw Poll of Governor's Race this Sunday - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceHogs Attempt to Break World Record in Brovember - Rockford IceHogs
- New Glass, Dasher Board System Installed at Home of The Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Fall to Bulldogs 3-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Springfield Falcons to Honor Head Equipment Manager Ralph Calvanese - Springfield Falcons
- Registration for Downtown Career Fair Closes Monday - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Reassign Cedric Paquette to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Drop Checkers 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Assign Budish to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Assigns Branden Troock to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Rampage to Honor Face off against Kids Cancer Member - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Kick off Toyota Frozen Dome Classic Adopt-A-Kid Campaign with Ticket Donation - Syracuse Crunch
- Jets Re-Assign Patrice Cormier to St. John's - St. John's IceCaps
- Blackhawks Reassign Darling to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Springfield Falcons Hold 'Winning Wednesday' November 5 - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Recall Peter Sivak - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Sign McBain - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.