Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno
Reno, NV - Shed Long collected four knocks, including a home run, in his first game since being optioned back to Tacoma, as the visiting Rainiers compiled a season-best 14 runs on the strength of 23 hits in their 14-4 rout over the Reno Aces on Thursday night at Greater Nevada Ballpark.
All 10 Rainiers (20-21) who got an at-bat recorded at least one hit, with nine Tacoma hitters composing a multi-hit effort. Long, who paced Tacoma with his 4-for-6 night, was one of three Rainiers who hit a home run in the victory. Center fielder Braden Bishop led off the game with his sixth home run of the season, his third leadoff homer this season. The University of Washington product had two big flies in Tacoma's come-from-behind victory on Tuesday. Jose Lobaton mashed his sixth homer of the season for the final Rainiers run in the eighth inning.
Reno (14-26) took a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the first, but Tacoma scored eight runs in the top of the fourth with nine hits, sending 13 players to the plate. The eight-run inning was the biggest of the season for the Rainiers.
Bishop added a fifth inning tally with a single to score Kristopher Negron. A three-run sixth inning added to Tacoma's lead, beginning with Long's solo home run. Jose Lobaton doubled home Ian Miller and Ryan Court singled in Jose Lobaton.
Tommy Milone (4-2) earned the win for Tacoma, allowing four runs over five innings and striking out five Aces. Right-handers David McKay and Aaron Northcraft combined to pitch the next three innings with no runs and five strikeouts. Chasen Bradford allowed a ninth inning tally but left a runner stranded to close out the game.
With the victory, the Rainiers improved to 8-3 in their last 11 games. Tacoma entered the day with a PCL-best .297 batting average in May.
The Rainiers will battle Reno for their third-straight victory on Friday at 6:35 p.m. PDT. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Shed Long of the Tacoma Rainiers at bat
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno