Game Notes vs. Tacoma
Tonight's Game: It's game two of a five-game set against Tacoma. The Aces dropped the opener by a score of 14-5. University of Nevada, Reno alum Braden Shipley with toe the rubber tonight for the Aces looking for his second win of 2019. His 22 wins are third all-time in franchise history, 228 strikeouts are second in franchise history, and 324.2 IP are third in franchise history. Shipley will face top Seattle Mariners' prospect, left-handed pitcher Justus Sheffield. He came to the organization in the James Paxton to the New York Yankees deal. This season he is 1-2 with a 4.31 ERA while batters are hitting .222 off the southpaw.
Stay after the game for the best fireworks show in town! | Presented By Saint Mary's and KRNV News 4
Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented By My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
Do it Twice: Kevin Cron recorded his second multi-home run game of the season last night. His first was a three-homer performance on April 25, 2019 against Fresno. In that game, Tim Locastro also had three home runs. Kevin is tied with Round Rock's Yordan Alvarez for the league-lead (17).
Ouch: Tim Locastro was hit by a pitch three separate times in last night's contest. However, the Aces outfielder is no stranger to being plunked. It was the fourth time in his professional career he was hit by a pitch three times in a game. Since 2013 when he was drafted, he has been hit 164 times. He led the PCL in hit by pitches in 2018 with 26, and the Texas League with 26 in 2017. This season he has been hit five times but Wyatt Mathisen leads the team with 9 HBPs.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.