Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso
Isotopes 10 (21-20), Chihuahuas 2 (27-13) - Isotopes Park - Albuquerque, N.M.
AT THE DISH: The Isotopes struck for seven runs in the first inning, chasing El Paso starter Dillon Overton after facing 10 batters and recording one out ... Albuquerque connected on three home runs on the evening. Roberto Ramos registered his ninth big-fly, a three-run shot in the first while Elliot Soto connected on a two-run blast in the frame, his third of the season. Garrett Hampson would add a solo home run in the eighth inning, his first as an Isotope in 2019 ... Five Isotopes recorded multi-hit games, with Ramos leading the way going 3-for-3.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Isotopes starter Tim Melville shined on the mound. The right-hander allowed one hit over five shut-out innings, striking out seven and walking four. Melville improved to 2-0 on the year ... Sam Howard, James Pazos, Jesus Tinoco and Jairo Diaz combined for 4.0 shut-out innings out of the bullpen ... Nelson Gonzalez surrendered the only runs of the game, leaving with an injury after allowing two to score.
TOPES TIDBITS: With the win, the Isotopes are back above the .500 mark at 21-20 ... Albuquerque held El Paso to one hit through the game's first seven innings ... The Isotopes were 6-for-12 with runners in scoring position.
ON DECK: El Paso Chihuahuas at Albuquerque Isotopes, 6:35 p.m. MT, Isotopes Park ... Postgame fireworks presented by Rio Metro RTD and New Mexico Railrunner Express ... BirdZerk! Appearance.
PROBABLES: Chihuahuas: LHP Dietrich Enns (4-2, 4.79), Isotopes: RHP Jeff Hoffman (3-2, 6.60).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live
- Isotopes Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Isotopes Issue Statement Regarding Delay of MiLB Season
- What's New at the Park?