Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start
The Albuquerque Isotopes scored seven runs before making an out Thursday and beat the El Paso Chihuahuas 10-2. The Isotopes' rally included seven consecutive hits to start the bottom of the first.
Former Chihuahua Tim Melville was the winning pitcher against El Paso for the second time in seven days and has allowed only one run in 10 innings through his two starts with the Isotopes, both of which came against the Chihuahuas.
Chihuahuas infielder Matthew Batten pitched the bottom of the eighth inning, his first career appearance on the mound and the first Chihuahuas position player pitching appearance this season. The eight-run loss matched the largest margin of victory by a Chihuahuas opponent this season.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-isotopes/2019/05/16/579363#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579363
Team Records: El Paso (27-13), Albuquerque (21-20)
Next Game: Friday, 6:35 pm at Isotopes Park. El Paso LHP Dietrich Enns (4-2, 4.79) vs. Albuquerque RHP Jeff Hoffman (3-2, 6.60). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.