'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W
DES MOINES - Yadiel Rivera hammered a pair of home runs and Lewis Brinson crushed a home run and the Baby Cakes defeated Iowa 9-5 on Friday. The 'Cakes have won two of the first three games of the series.
Elieser Hernandez made his first start in nine days and worked five innings allowed one run on four hits for his second win of the season.
The 'Cakes got the scoring started in the first with a two run home run from Brinson. His second home run of the series. New Orleans added a run in the third and scored three more in the fourth inning to knock out Cubs starter Adbert Alzolay. Brinson led the inning off with a hit batter, then Deven Marrero reached on an error and Rivera drilled a three run home run.
Iowa got back in the contest sending nine hitters to the plate in the sixth scoring four runs and it was a one run game.
Kyle Keller worked out of the inning and Jeff Brigham worked the final two innings to preserve the win. The 'Cakes improve to 22-20 with the win.
GAME NOTES- Monte' Harrison added two more stolen bases and leads the league with 16. The multi-home run game for Rivera is the first for New Orleans, since Peter O'Brien last August.
UPCOMING - The 'Cakes and Cubs meet Saturday at 4:38pm in fourth game of six game set. RADIO- WODT SPORTS 1280 AM or cakesbaseball.com
NEXT HOME GAME - The 'Cakes return home Tuesday to play Oklahoma City in a four game series.
May 17, 2019
New Orleans 9
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.