Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14)
Game #40: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (1-2, 5.93) vs. RHP Cy Sneed (1-4, 5.72)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 35-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds today. The right-hander is 1-2 with a 5.93 ERA in 10 games (3 starts) in 2019. Dillard last pitched at Memphis on May 12. He earned the loss after allowing six runs in five innings on nine hits. He struck out one batter, bringing him four strikeouts away from tying the Jamie Werly's franchise record. Nashville lost the game, 7-2, as he threw 88 pitches, 62 of them strikes. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (587.0), wins (40) and runs allowed (324) and is closing is currently second all-time in games (219), strikeouts (348), home runs allowed (47) and walks (203). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 485 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
Sneed vs. Nashville: In his appearance at Nashville on April 9, Sounds hitters went 3-for-15 (.200) against Cy Sneed. In the 3-1 win, Nashville hitters went as followed: Bandy, 0-1, K | Davidson, 0-2 | Granite, 0-2 | Ibáñez, 1-2 | Tocci, 0-1 | White, 0-2, K.
Yordan is Trouble: Round Rock's Yordan Alvarez is hitting very well against Nashville this season. After going 3-for-5 with three runs, a double, two home runs and six RBI last night, he is hitting .409 (9-for-22) with three doubles, four home runs and 17 RBI in seven games against the Sounds. His four home runs are the second-most by an opponent this season (Memphis' Tyler O'Neill has six). His six RBI was the most RBI in a game against Nashville since Albuquerque's Justin Sellers had six on July 9, 2013 at Albuquerque.
What's the word around Nashville?
Tim Dillard (1-2, 5.93) gets the start for the @nashvillesounds tonight against Cy Sneez (1-4, 5.72) for Round Rock.
Nashville Tennessee (@NashvilleTenn)
It's going to be a beautiful night for the @nashvillesounds Big Guitar Brewfest tonight! Get out and go!
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
Back to back! Eli White crushes a HR to dead center, and the @nashvillesounds have tied the game 3-3 in Round Rock. #Rangers
FOX Sports Southwest (@FOXSportsSW)
That's two home runs in two games since being called up from Triple-A!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Chasers Outslug Dodgers 11-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- New Orleans Bats Overpower Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds' Late Push Comes up Short at San Antonio - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Get Three HR in Road W - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Friday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Memphis Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
- Brendan Rodgers Promoted to Rockies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-26) vs. Round Rock Express (25-14) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (21-19) at San Antonio Missions (23-17) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Omaha Potholes Night" Named Minor League Baseball's Promotion of the Month for April - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Sounds Return Home Tuesday for 13-Day, 14-Game Homestand at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Winning Again in Walk-Off Fashion - San Antonio Missions
- Dodgers Defeat Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers, Aces Combine for 31 Hits in Slugfest at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Rattle off Season-Highs in Runs and Hits in Blowout Victory at Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chihuahuas Quieted by Albuquerque's Strong Start - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Isotopes Bats Strike for 10 Runs in Victory over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Yordan Alvarez Shines, Fuels 10-4 Express Victory - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Walk off on Redbirds - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Sounds Introduce "Safe and Sounds at Home" Campaign
- March 17 and March 24 Vanderbilt Baseball Games Cancelled at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds and First Horizon Park Business Operations Update
- Sounds Donate $100,000 to Music City Inc. to Help Aid Tornado Relief