RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse
GARY, Ind. - In conjunction with the Voice of Truth Foundation, the Gary SouthShore RailCats will host "Remembering Christian Choate Night" on Monday, August 15, 2011 at 7:10 p.m. with half of the proceeds from any 10 or 20-ticket package purchased going to benefit the Voice of Truth Foundation.
On "Remembering Christian Choate Night" the first-place Gary SouthShore RailCats will take on the Shreveport-Bossier Captains at 7:10 p.m. Packages of 10 tickets ($100 value) are available for only $80 while 20-ticket packages ($200 value) can be purchased for just $150. The RailCats will donate half of the proceeds from every specially priced ticket package sold to the Voice of Truth Foundation.
The story of Christian Choate gained national and global attention when his body was found in May of this year. Choate, a thirteen-year-old boy from Gary, was a victim of heinous abuse whose life was cut far too short when he passed away in 2009. To learn more about this tragic case, check out the story in the Times http://bit.ly/lBOmXz and the Post-Tribune http://bit.ly/mrRjE1.
Voice of Truth Foundation was recently created, in wake of the Christian Choate tragedy, to help spread awareness of child abuse and raise funds to assist victims. Christian was looking for help, and now in his memory, Voice of Truth is trying to aid other children who are looking for assistance in abusive situations. The foundation looks to spread awareness for child abuse and neglect and focuses on Lake and Porter counties.
"The Voice of Truth Foundation came about because I knew something had to be created to be a voice for similar victims before the abuse starts, before they are too scared to speak up, and before it's too late," said the foundation's founder Nicole Rubalcava. "We plan to raise awareness, help stop abuse and eventually would like to raise money to fund scholarships for abused children." Voice of Truth's mission is to keep children safe and families together and for more information about the Voice of Truth Foundation visit http://www.voiceoftruthfoundation.com.
To purchase tickets or to donate to the Voice of Truth Foundation contact Aaron Pineda, Group Sales Manager of the RailCats at 219.882.2255, and for more information on everything RailCats Baseball, visit www.railcatsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Ink Lugo to First IPBF Contract
- 'Cats win first game, avoid sweep with 7-5 victory
- Down to Final Strike, 'Cats Avoid Being No-Hit & Shutout But Lose 5-1
- De Jesus' Solo Homer Highlights Soggy & Somber Season-Opening Loss
- Tradewinds Sensory Room Unveiled