Saints in High Def During Playoff Push
ST. PAUL, MN (August 8, 2011) - The playoff push for the St. Paul Saints is heating up and fans can tune in on TV to check out two important games in High Definition as the Saints battle the Wichita Wingnuts.
The Wednesday, August 10 and Thursday, August 11 7:05 p.m. contests will be televised live in HD throughout the Twin Cities Metro Area on the Saints Cable Network, which are local cable access channels in and around the Twin Cities Metro Area. The list of channels in each area can be found on the Saints website at saintsbaseball.com.
CTN Studios, which has produced Saints games in previous years, will once again bring their Emmy Award winning coverage to the telecast. This is the first time Saints Baseball has been broadcast in HDTV.
"CTN Studios is very excited to televise the Saint Paul Saints baseball games again," said Production Manager Eric Strouse. "The local cable stations are also looking forward to carrying the games from all the feedback received. The viewers should also be very impressed with the sights and sounds of the cable telecasts. Since last season our primary mobile truck has been updated to full stunning High Definition. Even though these games will only be seen on cable in standard definition the new equipment will provide better pictures with more detail and bring fans closer to the action!"
For fans not living in the Twin Cities area the game can be streamed on line through saintsbaseball.com courtesy of iBN Sports. The Baseball Channel is one of the sports verticals within the network of iBN Sports. In 2011 IBN has covered nearly 500 Independent professional baseball games.
The broadcast team will consist of Director of Broadcasting Sean Aronson, along with Jeff O'Connor and Ross Hartman along with roving reporter Tori Holt. The game will be simulcast on Relevant Radio 1330, the radio home of the St. paul Saints.
Tickets are available for all home games starting at $5 for general admission, $8 for outfield reserved and $12 for infield reserved. Friday Home Games with post-game fireworks (except August 26) are an additional $2 per ticket. August 26 features extended post-game fireworks and are an additional $3 per ticket. Tickets purchased on the Day of the Game are an additional $1 per ticket. Children under the age of 12 and seniors 65 and older receive $1 off the admission price. Children under 2 that don't require a seat are free.
Tickets for all Saints regular season home games are available now in person at the Saints Box Office, by phone at 651-644-6659 or online at saintsbaseball.com.
For a list of the channels in your area please see below:
SPNN -cable games live on cable channel 19
Serving: St. Paul www.spnn.org
CTN Studios -cable games live and replayed on cable channel 19
Serving: Coon Rapids www.ctnstudios.com
CTV -cable games live on Channel 21, replayed on cable channel 14
Serving: Arden Hills, Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, Little Canada, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, St. Anthony, Shoreview www.ctv15.org
North Metro TV - cable games live on cable channel 15
Serving: Blaine, Centerville, Circle Pines, Ham Lake, Lexington, Lino Lakes and Spring Lake Park www.northmetrotv .com
QCTV- cable games live on cable channel 18
Anoka, Andover, Champlin, and Ramsey www.qctv.org
Town Square TV -cable games carried Live on cable channel 21 Serving: South St. Paul, Lilydale, Mendota, West St. Paul, Inver Grove
Heights, Sunfish Lake and Mendota Heights http://www.townsquare.tv/saintslive.cfm
South Washington County - cable games carried Live on channel 14.
Serving Cottage Grove, Newport, Woodbury, St. Paul Park www.swctc.org
SCC - cable games Live, on cable channel 19
Serving: Birchwood Village, Dellwood, Grant Township, Lake Elmo, Mahtomedi, Maplewood, North St. Paul, Oakdale, Vadnais Heights, White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, Willernie. www.onlocationtv.org
City of Oak Grove -cable games Live on channel 18.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Paul Saints Stories
- Champions: Saints Claim First Title in 15 Years with 6-3 Victory, Sweep Series
- Saints City of Baseball Museum Honored with Top Ballpark Improvement by Ballpark Digest
- Lang Haunts Former Team, Saints Win Game Two of American Association Finals 3-2, One Win Shy of Title
- Saints Draw First Blood, Take Game One of American Association Finals 12-3
- Finals Tickets Now on Sale