Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - Kris Johnson (4-2) allowed only one run on four hits in seven and two-third innings of work as the Kansas City T-Bones (30-41) won the first game of their four-game series against the Grand Prairie AirHogs (50-30), 4-1, on Monday night at CommunityAmerica Ballpark.
The T-Bones opened the scoring with two runs in the second off Josh Rainwater (12-5), plating the first on an RBI double by Jimmy Mojica. Johnny Bowden followed with an RBI single for a 2-0 advantage.
Johnson held the AirHogs scoreless until the fifth inning when they scored their only run on a sacrifice fly by Jake Taylor. The left-hander retired eight straight before a hit batter and a single chased him from the game with two outs in the eighth. Andy Shipman entered and induced a popout from John Alonso to end the threat.
Kansas City added two runs on a single by Rico Washington in their half of the eighth to cushion their lead, 4-1. Kyle Dahman earned his fifth save with a scoreless ninth for Kansas City.
Johnson has now earned a victory in four straight decisions.
The Kansas City T-Bones send right-hander Matt Mitchell (2-4, 7.81) to the mound against a pitcher to be determined for the AirHogs on Tuesday night. First pitch is set for 7:05. The first 1,500 fans will receive a FREE T-Bones T-Shirt courtesy of Lynch Real Estate. It will also be Two for Tuesday Beer Special night! Call 913-328-5618 or visit www.tbonesbaseball.com to secure your seats today.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.