Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight
WINNIPEG - Not only is this upcoming 10-game home stand for the Winnipeg Goldeyes the team's longest of the season, it also has huge implications in the standings, as two of the team's chasing the Fish will visit Shaw Park.
Bring on the Pheasants: After being swept by the Sioux Falls Pheasants in South Dakota during their last meeting, the Goldeyes will hope to get some revenge in the four-game series, starting tonight. The season series is tied at seven wins each and Sioux Falls comes to Winnipeg having won five in a row.
Wichita's First Visit: The Wichita Wingnuts make their way to Shaw Park this weekend for the first time ever. It will be the first three meetings between the two sides, as Wichita joined the American Association in 2008. While the Goldeyes lead the North Division, Winnipeg is only a game ahead of St. Paul, who hold the wild card spot, and two games ahead of Wichita.
Saints Come Marching Back: The home stand ends next week with the St. Paul Saints back in Winnipeg for the third and final time during the regular season. While the standings could look much different by this time, it will be the final chance for the two North Division front runners to gain some ground on each other.
Library Night: Be one of the first 4,500 fans through the gates Wednesday night and get a free Goldie bookmark from Winnipeg Public Library! There will also be great library-themed giveaways throughout the game!
Country Night: Yeehaw! Wear your best country duds to Saturday night's game for your chance at great prizes! If you love country music, you won't want to miss the fun promotions the Goldeyes have in store for this one!
Wicked Night: Come watch the Goldeyes take on the St. Paul Saints and listen for your chance to win two tickets to the smash Broadway hit Wicked at Centennial Concert Hall!
Turn Back the Clock Night: The Goldeyes don't just go back to the 90's, the team name goes back over 60 years. Wednesday, August 17 we will celebrate that heritage by turning back the clock! Not only will the Goldeyes players be wearing throwback jerseys, there'll be some great promotions for fans to enjoy! Free Ride will be on the Winnipeg Free Press Stage on the Promenade pre-game, performing as The Beatles for a free concert! They'll also be back after the game for a dance party, this time performing as Harry 'n The Armpits!
Great seats for all Goldeyes games are available by visiting any Ticketmaster outlet, clicking on Ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1-855-GOLDEYE.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.