Sox Head Into August
AMARILLO, TX - The Amarillo Sox are heading into their final month of the regular season and will begin a four-game homestand starting Monday, August 8 against the El Paso Diablos. This will mark the second-to-last homestand for the Sox.
The entire month of August will be sponsored by Texas Farm Bureau. All Texas Farm Bureau members who show their membership identification at the gate will be given four general admission tickets to all remaining Sox games. In addition, Texas Farm Bureau members can present the mailpiece and present it at the ticket office. Tickets can be upgraded for the difference in seat cost. For more information, visit AugustBaseball.com.
The homestand will begin on Monday, August 8 with a free night sponsored by Bank of America. Anyone who wishes to come to the game can do so free of charge courtesy of Bank of America. All tickets must be picked up at the gate. The ticket windows open at 5:05pm with the gates opening at 6:05pmand the game beginning at 7:05pm.
Tuesday, August 9 will feature the final State Farm Good Neighbor Tuesday. Brought to you by State Farm agent Russ Glaze, come out to the game for your chance to be entered in a drawing to win a $100 Visa gift card while taking in the game. Gates open at 6:05pm and the game begins at 7:05pm.
The game on Thursday, August 11 will be the final Thirsty Thursday of the season. Drink specials will take place all night with $1.00 sodas and two beers for $3.00 for the duration of the night.
Monday, the 38-42 Sox will take on the 26-53 El Paso Diablos for the opening game of a four-game set at 7:05pm with the Aqua One Pre-Game Show set to begin at 6:50 pm. The game can be heard by visiting www.amarillosox.com via Ustream. Game time is tentative and is subject to blackout.
Season tickets are available for purchase in-person by visiting the Sox Front Offices at 801 S. Polk or over the phone by calling (806) 242-4653. For more information on tickets, game times and schedules, promotions, marketing opportunities, and everything else Sox, visit the "Official Website of the Amarillo Sox" at www.amarillosox.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.