Brito Named Player of the Week
EL PASO, TX -The official statistician of the American Association, Pointstreak, has named El Paso Diablos INF Javier as the Pointstreak Batter of the Week.
In six games, Brito batted .440 with one home run and nine runs batted in. He collected 11 hits in 25 at-bats, plated 10 runs and walked three times. Brito also had an on-base percentage of .483 and a slugging percentage of .840. The Puerto La Cruz, VZ resident is batting .349 with four home runs and 27 RBIs in 33 games with the Diablos. With Brito's help, the Diablos won 6 out of the last 7 games. Five of which were played at Cohen Stadium.
The Diablos are on the road as they battle the Amarillo with a 4 day series. The team will then travel to Grand Prairie to take on the AirHogs before returning to El Paso. They will be back at Cohen Stadium August 15, for a 3 day series against the Amarillo Sox; followed by a 3 day series against the Grand Prairie AirHogs starting August 19.
Promotions for these series include Military & Fireworks Night, Taco Tuesday & 2 for 1 Tickets, Halloween Night, Quartermania & Bark in the Park, plus much more. Don't miss out and buy your tickets now. For more information call 915-755-2000 or visit diablos.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 8, 2011
- Goldeyes Start Home Stand On Winning Note - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Trio of Arms Tames 'Dogs as FM Grabs Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Extend Wild Card Lead to Two with 6-2 Win Over Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Johnson Continues Dominance in 4-1 Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Blacksher Strong, But Wingnuts Drop Tight Game in St. Paul - Wichita Wingnuts
- Johnson, Defense Shut Down AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Bullpen Can't Hold Lead, Diablos Win 7-5 - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RailCats Shutout in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Brito Named Player of the Week - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs to Hold Faith and Family Night August 12 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Moore Honored with Week's Top Award Again - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints in High Def During Playoff Push - St. Paul Saints
- Brito, Moore Named Players Of The Week - AA
- Captains, Budweiser Partner to be a "Good Sport" on Thursday - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Longest Home Stand of the Summer Begins Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats, Voice of Truth Team up to Help Combat Child Abuse - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sox Head Into August - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Take Final Game Of Series - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.