American Association Game Recaps
Sioux City 3, Lincoln (12 Innings)
Sioux City 2B Ryan Court scored the game winning run on an error by Lincoln 1B Curt Smith in the 12th inning as the Explorers edged past the Saltdogs by the score of 3-2. Court went 2-for-5 on the night with a home run, two runs scored and a RBI. Sioux City RF Michael Lang chipped in with his sixth home run of the year while 3B Tommy Mendonca and LF Tim Colwell each had a pair of hits. Explorers' pitcher Brandon Stennis threw three shutout innings of relief to notch the win. With the victory, Sioux City finished the season a perfect 13-0 against Lincoln.
Sioux Falls 10, St. Paul 3
It was all Sioux Falls in this game as the Canaries rolled past the St. Paul Saints by the score of 10-3. Sioux Falls banged out 21 hits in the contest with eight players having multi-hit games. Canaries RF Jason Repko led the offensive charge going 4-for-6 with a double, a home run, two runs scored and a RBI. Sioux Falls DH Brian Humphries and 3B Angel Chavez each had three hits with Humphries scoring a pair of runs and Chavez driving in one. Canaries SS Jerome Pena also chipped in with his sixth home run of the year. Sioux Falls starting pitcher Ray Hanson tossed six innings to collect the victory. Hanson allowed three earned runs on six hits with a walk and three strikeouts.
Fans can watch select American Association games live and for free at www.americanassociationbaseball.tv.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 23, 2015
- Martis Terrific Again But 'Dogs Fall in 12 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- X's Win 3-2 In Twelve Innings Vs. Lincoln To Get Season Sweep - Sioux City Explorers
- A Windy Sunday Goes against the RailCats 12-3 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Drop First Series at CHS Field Lose 10-3 to Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Wild Game Falls in Favor of Laredo on Sunday Afternoon - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Blasters Comeback Earns Series Split in Kansas City - Joplin Blasters
- Fish Can't Hold Lead, Drop Another Day Game - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Blackwell and the Birds Snap 7-Game Skid with 6-0 Win in St. Paul - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Metzger and Hernandez Lead RailCats over Fargo - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Historical Night for Brandon Mann,'Hawks Fall 12-7 to Gary - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Mittelstaedt's Pair of Home Runs Lead to Comeback Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Rain Keeps Saints Bats Cold in 6-0 Shutout Loss to Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- Blasters Slam T-Bones to Snap Losing Streak - Joplin Blasters
- T-Bones' Offense Stymied in Loss - Kansas City Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.