Pigs Rally to Top Red Wings
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (11-3) continued their dominant ways over the Rochester Red Wings (4-10) Thursday evening at Coca-Cola Park. They reached 7-1 against Rochester this season as they rallied to win 6-5.
Dylan Cozens got the Pigs on the scoreboard in the bottom of the first inning with a home run off Kohl Stewart (1-2). The home run was Cozens' fifth of the season.
Rochester answered with two solo home runs by Tomas Telis and Jordany Valdespin off Enyel De Los Santos in the top of the second inning to take a 2-1 lead. LaMonte Wade Jr homered off De Los Santos in the top of the third inning to extend Rochester's lead to 3-1. Telis added an RBI double to put the lead at 4-1.
Lehigh Valley began their rally with a two-run home run by Sean Rodriguez off Stewart to cut Rochester's lead to 4-3 in the bottom of the fourth inning. Mitch Walding tied the game at 4-4 by hitting a double off Stewart in the bottom of the fifth inning. Rodriguez struck again as he hit the go-ahead two-run double off Stewart to give the IronPigs a 6-4 lead.
Rochester added a run in the top of the eighth inning Adam Rosales hit an RBI single off Yacksel Rios to trim the IronPigs lead to 6-5. Edubray Ramos earned his third save by pitching a scoreless top of the ninth inning.
Austin Davis (1-0) earned the win by pitching two scoreless innings in relief of De Los Santos. Davis has now extended his scoreless inning streak to 10.
The IronPigs and Red Wings meet again on Friday night at Coca-Cola Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. The game will be followed by the season's first Friday Night Fireworks show.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via Facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Mud Hens Falter Late in Extra Innings to Clippers - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Wings Hang on for 4-1 Victory - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Best Tribe Behind Three-Run First - Indianapolis Indians
- Littell, Wiel Lead Wings to 4-1 Win over 'Pigs - Rochester Red Wings
- Littell, Red Wings beat IronPigs - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bats Win Series Opener at Victory Field, 3-2 - Louisville Bats
- Friday's Bisons/RailRiders Game Postponed - Buffalo Bisons
- RailRiders Game Postponed - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Friday's Bisons/RailRiders Game Postponed Due to Rain - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Postponed on Friday in Norfolk, VA - Charlotte Knights
- Tides and Charlotte Postponed Friday - Norfolk Tides
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (9-4) vs. Louisville Bats (6-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Postponed in Durham on April 19 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Syracuse and Pawtucket Postponed Friday, Doubleheader Scheduled for Saturday at 1:05 p.m. - Syracuse Mets
- Bulls, Stripers Postponed April 19 - Durham Bulls
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (6-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-4) - Louisville Bats
- Fleetwood's & TSO Partner for Pub Concert - Toledo Mud Hens
- Indians Add OF Lonnie Chisenhall on Rehab Assignment - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Pigs Rally to Top Red Wings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.