Penguins to Begin Playoffs with Providence on Wednesday
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The American Hockey League announced first round schedules for the 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs today, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins' first round best-of-five series is set to start on Wednesday, Apr. 20 against the Providence Bruins.
The Penguins' first round schedule is as follows:
Game 1 - Wednesday, Apr. 20 - Providence at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 p.m.
Game 2 - Thursday, Apr. 21 - Providence at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 p.m.
Game 3 - Saturday, Apr. 23 - W-B/Scranton at Providence, 7:05 p.m.
*Game 4 - Monday, Apr. 25 - W-B/Scranton at Providence, 7:05 p.m.
*Game 5 - Tuesday, Apr. 26 - W-B/Scranton at Providence, 7:05 p.m.
*if necessary... All times Eastern
Individual playoff tickets are now on sale in addition to postseason ticket packages. With the purchase of a postseason ticket package, fans will receive a $6 food/merchandise voucher for every home game in the playoffs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fans can secure their seats for every home game on the Cup run by contacting the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Individual game tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home playoff games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2016
- Pirates Prevail in Season Finale - Portland Pirates
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Schedule for Pacific Division Semifinals vs. Ontario Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Stupendous Second-Season Swan Song Socks Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Finish Inaugural Season as a .500 Hockey Club - Stockton Heat
- Bridgeport falls but finds out its playoff opponent - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Show Resiliency in 2-1 Shootout Loss at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- SJ Barracuda Clinch Playoff Spot in Final Game of the Season in Fine Fashion - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey's Chris Bourque, Providence's Frank Vatrano Win AHL Scoring Races - AHL
- Falcons Fall in Season Finale - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates to Face Hershey Bears in Division Semifinals - Portland Pirates
- Sound Tigers to Meet Marlies in Round One - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Set to Face the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in the First Round of the Calder Cup Playoff - Toronto Marlies
- Bears to Face Pirates in Division Semifinal - Hershey Bears
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Reign Battle San Jose in Opening Round of 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Ontario Reign
- Vanecek Stars in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Drop Season Finale to Phantoms, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins End Regular Season with 6-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Begin Playoffs with Providence on Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets to Battle Albany Devils in North Division Semifinals - Utica Comets
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils to Face Utica Comets in First Round of Calder Cup - Albany Devils
- Comets Drop Regular Season Finale - Utica Comets
- B-Sens Finish Season on a High Note - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Reassign Brett Ritchie to Texas - Texas Stars
- Comets Hand out 2015-16 Season Awards - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Mike Reilly - Iowa Wild
- Wild Loans Christoph Bertschy to Team Switzerland - Iowa Wild
- Heat Try to Play Spoiler During Final Regular Season Game in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Vitek Vanecek Reassigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Malte Stromwall - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Agostino's Four Points Power Heat to Regulation Win over San Jose on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Barracuda can't clinch in Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Rally Past Ontario 3-2 in Regular Season Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Offense Erupts, IceHogs Finish Regular Season on High Note - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.