Albany Devils to Face Utica Comets in First Round of Calder Cup
ALBANY, NY - The Albany Devils will face the Utica Comets during the First Round of the 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs. The Devils, who finished second in the North Division with a 46-20-8-2 record, will have home-ice advantage during the best-of-five series. Game 1 is slated for Friday, April 22 at 7 pm at Times Union Center.
The two clubs will play Game 2 on Saturday, April 23 at 5 pm at Times Union Center. The series shifts to the Utica Memorial Auditorium for Game 3 on Tuesday, April 26 at 7 pm. If necessary, Game 4 will be on Thursday, April 28 at 7 pm at the Auditorium and Game 5 will be on Saturday, April 30 at 5 pm at Times Union Center.
Game Date Day Location Time
1 April 22 Friday Times Union Center 7:00 PM
2 April 23 Saturday Times Union Center 5:00 PM
3 April 26 Tuesday Utica Auditorium 7:00 PM
4* April 28 Thursday Utica Auditorium 7:00 PM
5* April 30 Saturday Times Union Center 5:00 PM
* If Necessary
Albany and Utica met eight times during the regular season and the Devils held the advantage, going 6-0-2-0. Jim O'Brien and Matt Lorito led the team against the Comets, producing 11 and seven points, respectively. O'Brien had seven tallies, four assists and a +10 rating and Lorito producing three goals, four helpers and a +5 rating. Both Scott Wedgewood and Yann Danis went 3-0-1. Wedgewood had a 1.48 goals-against average and a .945 save percentage and Danis had a 2.21 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage.
Jordan Subban led the Comets, which finished third in the division at 38-26-8-4, against the Devils with six points. He produced a tally and five assists during the eight games. In goal, Richard Bachman was 2-2-1 with a 2.77 goals-against average and a .889 save percentage. Joe Cannata went 0-1-1 with a 3.45 goals-against average and a .892 save percentage.
Fans wishing to attend Games 1 and/or 2 can take advantage of the Devils First Round Presale, which is underway now. Tickets start at just $12 and can be purchased online at thealbanydevils.com/playoffs. The presale is scheduled to end on Monday, April 18 at 9:59 am.
Tickets go on sale at the Times Union Center Box Office on Monday, April 18 at 10 am. Fans can also purchase tickets at any Ticketmaster outlet, via charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
Fans are encouraged to call the Devils' Executive Office at 518-4-DEVILS for information on Calder Cup Ticket Packages and to save significantly off box office pricing. Individuals also have an opportunity to receive complimentary first round tickets and secure their seat locations throughout the playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2016
- Pirates Prevail in Season Finale - Portland Pirates
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Schedule for Pacific Division Semifinals vs. Ontario Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Stupendous Second-Season Swan Song Socks Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Finish Inaugural Season as a .500 Hockey Club - Stockton Heat
- Bridgeport falls but finds out its playoff opponent - Bridgeport Islanders
- Penguins Show Resiliency in 2-1 Shootout Loss at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- SJ Barracuda Clinch Playoff Spot in Final Game of the Season in Fine Fashion - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey's Chris Bourque, Providence's Frank Vatrano Win AHL Scoring Races - AHL
- Falcons Fall in Season Finale - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates to Face Hershey Bears in Division Semifinals - Portland Pirates
- Sound Tigers to Meet Marlies in Round One - Bridgeport Islanders
- Toronto Marlies Set to Face the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in the First Round of the Calder Cup Playoff - Toronto Marlies
- Bears to Face Pirates in Division Semifinal - Hershey Bears
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Reign Battle San Jose in Opening Round of 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Ontario Reign
- Vanecek Stars in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Drop Season Finale to Phantoms, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins End Regular Season with 6-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Begin Playoffs with Providence on Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets to Battle Albany Devils in North Division Semifinals - Utica Comets
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils to Face Utica Comets in First Round of Calder Cup - Albany Devils
- Comets Drop Regular Season Finale - Utica Comets
- B-Sens Finish Season on a High Note - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Reassign Brett Ritchie to Texas - Texas Stars
- Comets Hand out 2015-16 Season Awards - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Mike Reilly - Iowa Wild
- Wild Loans Christoph Bertschy to Team Switzerland - Iowa Wild
- Heat Try to Play Spoiler During Final Regular Season Game in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Vitek Vanecek Reassigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Malte Stromwall - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Agostino's Four Points Power Heat to Regulation Win over San Jose on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Barracuda can't clinch in Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Rally Past Ontario 3-2 in Regular Season Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Offense Erupts, IceHogs Finish Regular Season on High Note - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.