B-Sens Finish Season on a High Note
UTICA, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators ended the 2015-16 season with a 4-2 win over the Utica Comets. Casey Bailey recorded the go-ahead tally with 2:19 to play in regulation to give the B-Sens the win.
Brandon Marino opened the scoring 13 minutes into the first period when he beat Chris Driedger for his fourth strike of the year. The B-Sens went into the first intermission down a goal while being outshot 18-5.
Ryan Rupert evened the score at a goal apiece less than five minutes into the second period off assists from Buddy Robinson and Max McCormick. Brendan Gaunce deposited his 17th goal of the season less than two minutes later to regain the 2-1 lead for the Comets. The B-Sens skated into the final intermission break down a goal with both teams putting 10 shots on net over the middle frame.
The B-Sens notched three unanswered goals over the third period to take the 4-2 win. Matt Puempel slapped home his 17th of the season 12:26 into the third to even the score 2-2 before Bailey collected a rebound and sent home the game-winner at 17:41 of the third. McCormick sealed the win with an empty-net goal with 14 seconds to play moving the final score to 4-2.
Driedger earned his 18th victory of the season with a stellar 38-save performance while Joe Cannata was dealt the loss allowing three goals on 28 shots faced.
Fans looking to join the B-Sens Family for the 2016-17 season can call the office at (607) 722-7367 to get information on Season Ticket Packages and renewal rates for next year. The office will be open Monday-Friday from 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. throughout the off season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2016
- Pirates Prevail in Season Finale - Portland Pirates
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Schedule for Pacific Division Semifinals vs. Ontario Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Stupendous Second-Season Swan Song Socks Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Finish Inaugural Season as a .500 Hockey Club - Stockton Heat
- Bridgeport falls but finds out its playoff opponent - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Show Resiliency in 2-1 Shootout Loss at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- SJ Barracuda Clinch Playoff Spot in Final Game of the Season in Fine Fashion - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey's Chris Bourque, Providence's Frank Vatrano Win AHL Scoring Races - AHL
- Falcons Fall in Season Finale - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates to Face Hershey Bears in Division Semifinals - Portland Pirates
- Sound Tigers to Meet Marlies in Round One - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Set to Face the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in the First Round of the Calder Cup Playoff - Toronto Marlies
- Bears to Face Pirates in Division Semifinal - Hershey Bears
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Reign Battle San Jose in Opening Round of 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Ontario Reign
- Vanecek Stars in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Drop Season Finale to Phantoms, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins End Regular Season with 6-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Begin Playoffs with Providence on Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets to Battle Albany Devils in North Division Semifinals - Utica Comets
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils to Face Utica Comets in First Round of Calder Cup - Albany Devils
- Comets Drop Regular Season Finale - Utica Comets
- B-Sens Finish Season on a High Note - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Reassign Brett Ritchie to Texas - Texas Stars
- Comets Hand out 2015-16 Season Awards - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Mike Reilly - Iowa Wild
- Wild Loans Christoph Bertschy to Team Switzerland - Iowa Wild
- Heat Try to Play Spoiler During Final Regular Season Game in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Vitek Vanecek Reassigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Malte Stromwall - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Agostino's Four Points Power Heat to Regulation Win over San Jose on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Barracuda can't clinch in Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Rally Past Ontario 3-2 in Regular Season Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Offense Erupts, IceHogs Finish Regular Season on High Note - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.