Comets to Battle Albany Devils in North Division Semifinals
The Utica Comets announced today the dates for their match-up with the Albany Devils in the North Division best-of-five Semifinals of the American Hockey League's 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs. With the Bridgeport Sound Tigers loss in regulation, the Comets secured the third seed in the North Division.
The North Division's second seed, the Albany Devils, finished the season with 46-20-8-2 record and set franchise record for wins (46), points (102), goals against (167) and home wins (27). The series will begin Friday, Apr. 22 at Albany's Times Union Center at 7p.m. Utica will host Albany for Game 3, and if necessary, Game 4. The first game of the series in Utica - Game 3 - will be played on Tuesday, Apr. 26. Game 4, if necessary, will be on Thursday, Apr. 28. All home playoff games will begin at 7pm at the Utica Memorial Auditorium. If needed, the series will shift back to Albany for Game 5 on Saturday, Apr. 30 at 5p.m.
All playoffs games can be heard live on 94.9 FM KROCK, the flagship radio station of the Utica Comets, and live video can be streamed through www.AHLLive.com.
The Comets collected six points in eight games with a record of 2-4-2-0 against the Devils this season. In the all-time series, the Comets own a 2-10-2-0 record.
Tickets to Game 3 will go on sale to the general public on Friday, April 22 at 10a.m. at The AUD's box office. Tickets will only be sold at the Labatt Blue Box Office (facing Cornelia St.). Tickets will be sold online (www.EmpireStateTix.com) and over the phone (866-688-8750) through Empire State Tickets starting at 12 p.m.
Season ticket holders have the opportunity to purchase their seats from the regular season from now until April 21.
2016 North Division Semifinals- Utica vs. Albany
Game 1 - Friday, April 22nd - 7p.m. @ Albany (Times Union Center)
Game 2 - Saturday, April 23th - 5p.m. @ Albany (Times Union Center)
Game 3 - Tuesday, April 27th- 7p.m. vs. Albany (Utica Memorial Auditorium)
**Game 4 - Thursday, April 28th - 7p.m. vs. Albany (Utica Memorial Auditorium)
**Game 5 - Saturday, April 30th - 5p.m. @ Albany (Times Union Center)
** If necessary
The Division Semi-finals (first round) will be best-of-five series. The Division Finals, the Conference Finals and the Calder Cup Finals are a best-of-seven series. Home-ice advantage in all series will be granted to the team with the higher regular-season points percentage.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2016
- Pirates Prevail in Season Finale - Portland Pirates
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Schedule for Pacific Division Semifinals vs. Ontario Reign - San Jose Barracuda
- Stupendous Second-Season Swan Song Socks Syracuse - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Finish Inaugural Season as a .500 Hockey Club - Stockton Heat
- Bridgeport falls but finds out its playoff opponent - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Show Resiliency in 2-1 Shootout Loss at Hershey - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- SJ Barracuda Clinch Playoff Spot in Final Game of the Season in Fine Fashion - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey's Chris Bourque, Providence's Frank Vatrano Win AHL Scoring Races - AHL
- Falcons Fall in Season Finale - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates to Face Hershey Bears in Division Semifinals - Portland Pirates
- Sound Tigers to Meet Marlies in Round One - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Set to Face the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in the First Round of the Calder Cup Playoff - Toronto Marlies
- Bears to Face Pirates in Division Semifinal - Hershey Bears
- First-Round Schedules Announced for 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - AHL
- Reign Battle San Jose in Opening Round of 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Ontario Reign
- Vanecek Stars in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Drop Season Finale to Phantoms, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins End Regular Season with 6-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Penguins to Begin Playoffs with Providence on Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets to Battle Albany Devils in North Division Semifinals - Utica Comets
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Albany Devils to Face Utica Comets in First Round of Calder Cup - Albany Devils
- Comets Drop Regular Season Finale - Utica Comets
- B-Sens Finish Season on a High Note - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Reassign Brett Ritchie to Texas - Texas Stars
- Comets Hand out 2015-16 Season Awards - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Mike Reilly - Iowa Wild
- Wild Loans Christoph Bertschy to Team Switzerland - Iowa Wild
- Heat Try to Play Spoiler During Final Regular Season Game in San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Vitek Vanecek Reassigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Malte Stromwall - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Agostino's Four Points Power Heat to Regulation Win over San Jose on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Barracuda can't clinch in Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Rally Past Ontario 3-2 in Regular Season Finale - San Diego Gulls
- Offense Erupts, IceHogs Finish Regular Season on High Note - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utica Comets Stories
- Comets Keep Turkey Delivery an Annual Tradition
- MASL November Update
- Comets and Adirondack Bank Center to Host CNY Veteran's Outreach Center Food Donation Event
- Canucks Sign Defenseman Guillaume Brisebois to a One-Year, Two Way Contract
- Canucks Sign Center Jayce Hawryluk to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract