O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Tyler O'Neill hit two home runs and extended his hitting streak to 10 games, and Max Schrock was 3-for-5 with a double and two runs scored in a 7-4 Memphis Redbirds (10-2) win over the Iowa Cubs (Cubs) (3-7) Monday afternoon at AutoZone Park.
With the win, Memphis matches the 2000 and 2001 teams for the best 12-game start in franchise history at 10-2.
O'Neill is hitting .487 (19-39) with six home runs, 18 RBI, 13 runs scored, two doubles, and a triple on his 10-game hitting streak. He leads the Pacific Coast League and is tied for first in all of Minor League Baseball with his six long balls, and he already has two two-homer games and six multi-RBI contests.
Schrock has now hit in five-straight games and 10-of-11 played on the year, and he has had three hits in back-to-back games.
Dakota Hudson went 6.0 innings in a win for the Redbirds to move to 3-0 on the season, allowing two runs on seven hits with four strikeouts. Andrew Morales and Preston Guilmet finished the game out of the bullpen, with Guilmet picking up his fourth save on the year.
Counting his last start of the 2017 regular season, his two starts in the 2017 Pacific Coast League playoffs, and his three starts so far in 2018, Hudson is 6-0 with a 3.44 ERA (13er/34.0ip) and has worked at least 5.0 innings in each start.
Iowa was 2-for-15 with runners in scoring position on the day, and Memphis turned a double play and had a chance for two others.
The Redbirds hit the road for seven games at Omaha and Iowa running through next Monday, before returning to AutoZone Park for nine games April 25-May 3. For more information on single-game tickets and ticket mini-memberships, visit www.memphisredbirds.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- Redbirds Hosting Free Fan Fest at AutoZone Park on Saturday, March 30
- AutoZone Park Set for 2019 with $2 Million in Stadium Upgrades, Improvements
- Pregame Details Available for St. Louis Cardinals Exhibition Game
- AutoZone Park Golden Ticket Winner Selected
- Redbirds Announce Weekly Promotions for 2019; Single-Game Tickets on Sale Tomorrow