Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23
PAPILLION, NE - The Omaha Storm Chasers return to Werner Park on Tuesday, April 17 to begin a seven-game homestand with the Memphis Redbirds (April 17-20) and Nashville Sounds (April 21-23). The homestand begins with 50 Cent Tuesday and Wiener Wednesday with Bark in the Park, followed by Thirsty Thursday and the first Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks, as well as the first of five Centris 50th Season Bobblehead Giveaways.
Tuesday, April 17 (6:35pm) vs. Memphis Redbirds
- $1 Walk-Off Waffles: Thanks to Humberto Arteaga's walk-off single on Saturday, April 9, fans will be able to get $1 chicken & waffles for the first hour once gates open at 6:00pm at Werner Park. Limit one per person.
- 50 Cent Tuesday: 50 Cent Tuesday debuts at Werner Park, with french fries, small soda, nachos, peanuts and Uncle Ray's chips available for purchase for 50-cents each. Baseline Box tickets will also be available for only $5!
Wednesday, April 18 (6:35pm) vs. Memphis Redbirds
- Wiener Wednesday: the popular Wiener Wednesday returns to Werner Park, with 25-cent hot dogs available all night long.
- Bark in the Park: every dog has its day at Werner Park, with canines invited to join man's best friend for a ballgame. Fans may pre-register their very good doggos online to skip the registration line at Werner Park at this link: https://atmilb.com/2GgUqDk.
Thursday, April 19 (6:35pm) vs. Memphis Redbirds
- Thirsty Thursday: the weekend starts early with drink specials including $2 Budweiser, Bud Light and Busch Light, as well as $1 small Pepsi products.
Friday, April 20 (7:05pm) vs. Memphis Redbirds
- First National Bank Flashback Friday Jersey Series: as part of the Storm Chasers' celebration of the 50th season in franchise history, players and coaches will wear special 2011 Omaha Storm Chasers uniforms in commemoration of the team's first season at Werner Park and their Pacific Coast League Championship that year.
- Jackie Robinson Scholarship Presentation: the Storm Chasers will present their annual Jackie Robinson Scholarships, with a male and female African-American student each awarded a $1,000 scholarship thanks to Chasers Charities and The Weitz Company.
- Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks: the skies are set to ignite for the first Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks show of the season following the Storm Chasers' contest.
Saturday, April 21 (7:05pm) vs. Nashville Sounds
- Bands & Brews: the first of five Bands & Brews dates at Werner Park begins when gates open at 6:00pm. Enjoy $1 Goose Island IPA drinks at the Bud Light Downdraught with live music from Luke Johnson and more for the first hour leading up to first pitch.
- Jarrod Dyson 50th Season Bobblehead Giveaway presented by Centris Federal Credit Union: the first 2,000 fans to enter Werner Park beginning at 6:00pm CT when gates open will receive a bobblehead of former Storm Chasers outfielder Jarrod Dyson, the first in a set of five presented by
Centris Federal Credit Union.
Sunday, April 22 (2:05pm) vs. Nashville Sounds
- U.S. Bank Family FUNday: Clowns and balloon artists will be out on the concourse for U.S. Bank Family FUNday, in addition to Wildlife Encounters.
- Parentsavvy Pre-Game On-Field Catch: fans will be able to play catch on the Werner Park outfield (weather pending) prior to the game starting when gates open. Fans will be able to play catch for approximately 30 minutes after gates open at 12:45pm.
- Hy-Vee Canned Food Sundays: Fans who bring two Hy-Vee branded canned food items will receive a free McDonald's Berm Ticket. The items will be donated to Heartland Hope Mission.
- Hardee's Kids Run The Bases: Kids ten and under will be able to run the bases following the Storm Chasers' matchup, with Parentsavvy.com Lil' Chasers Members able to be first in line.
Monday, April 23 (11:05am) vs. Nashville Sounds
- Monday Matinee: the Storm Chasers wrap up their seven-game homestand with an early 11:05am first pitch time against the Nashville Sounds.
- Chasers Charities All About Kids Day: The Storm Chasers will be teaming up with Chasers Charities to promote "Water Safety". Josh the Otter will also be on hand as part of the educational theme of the day.
Tickets for all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com/tickets, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.