Reno Aces Game Notes
Today's Game: Diamondbacks number seven prospect Taylor Clarke gets the ball for Greg Gross this morning. Clarke looks to break the six consecutive loss streak against the Grizzlies. He will face fellow right-hander Mike Hauschild, who enters today's contest 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA.
Pay-What-You-Want Night: The Reno Aces and Greater Nevada Field will celebrate their 10th season in Downtown Reno on April 17th. When the team returns home, Greater Nevada Field will open its doors to Northern Nevada and fans are welcome to pay whatever they would like to sit wherever they would like. Proceeds from the event will benefit the JUSTin HOPE Foundation. JUSTin HOPE supports those in Northern Nevada affected by Autism and other neurodevelopment disorders by providing support and/or opportunities.
Fresno Problems: The Aces have lost six consecutive games (three at home, one on the road) to the Fresno Grizzlies. After winning back-to-back games on April 5 and April 6, Fresno has outscored the Aces 51-24 in their last six matchups. Last season, Reno outscored Fresno 101-93 in 17 meetings.
Night Owls: The Aces are 0-5 in day games in 2018. In 2017, Reno went 19-10 in day contests compared to 39-33 in evening games. Their last day-time victory came on the last day of the 2017 season, defeating the Albuquerque Isotopes by a score of 13-1.
Nevada Grit: RHP Braden Shipley had his best start of the season this afternoon in Fresno. The former University of Nevada first round pick allowed just three hits in 6.0 innings of work. The Arizona Diamondbacks put starter Taijuan Walker on the 10-day DL with right forearm inflammation today. Walker was slated to pitch next Friday, the same day Braden Shipley is scheduled to start for Reno.
Bottom of the Pack: The Aces pitching staff has struggled through 11 games. To date, Reno is ranked third to last in team ERA (6.68) and has walked the second most batters in the Pacific Coast League (55). Sacramento has walked 61, but holds a team ERA of 5.03. Additionally, the Aces pitching staff has allowed the most home runs in the PCL with 18.
Unlucky Seven: Reno did not reach seven losses until April 20th last season, following a 8-3 loss to Albuquerque on the road. In 2014, the Aces reached seven losses on April 15, but began the season April 3 and were 13 games into their season. This is the worst start the Aces have had since 2013, when they began the season 3-8 through their first 11 games.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.