Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon
Fresno, CA - The Reno Aces dropped their seventh consecutive game to the Fresno Grizzlies Sunday afternoon, by a score of 7-6. Reno attempted to mount a comeback in the top of the 9th inning. Outfielder Cesar Puello launched his first home run of the season. Cody Decker followed with his fifth Aces blast and then Marcus Littlewood hit one of his own. Unfortunately for the Aces, the five-run 9th inning was not enough as Fresno took home the 7-6 victory.
D-backs' number seven prospect Taylor Clarke got the final start of the road trip for Reno. Clarke went 4.2 innings, allowed six hits and five runs before being ejected from the contest. Jimmie Sherfy and Bradin Hagens filled in for Clarke in relief. Sherfy and Hagens combined for 2.1 IP, 2 R and 1 K. The loss moves Clarke to 1-2 on the season. The Aces will return to Greater Nevada Field tomorrow night to take on the El Paso Chihuahuas. It's Northern Nevada's first Pay-What-You-Want night, proceeds will go to the JustIn Hope Foundation. First pitch is slated for 6:35 p.m. with Troy Scribner on the mound for Reno.
Top Performers - Reno
Socrates Brito (2-for-4, 2 R) Cody Decker (1-for-4, 2 RBI, HR(5)) Marcus Littlewood (1-for-4, 2 RBI, HR (1))
Top Performers - Fresno
J.D Davis (2-for-4, 2 R, 2 RBI) Tim Federowicz (3-for-4, R, 3 RBI) Mike Hauschild (6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 8 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Tuesday April 17 El Paso
Chihuahuas RHP Troy Scribner vs.
RHP Brett Kennedy 6:35
PM KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
22 Straight: Socrates Brito hit an inside-the-park home run in the top of the second inning Saturday night in Fresno. From the top of the third inning that night, to the top of the seventh inning Monday afternoon, the Aces were held scoreless (22 innings). Michael Perez ended the Reno drought in the seventh inning today with a RBI-single to score Brito. The last time Reno went 22+ consecutive innings without scoring a run was the ninth inning on April 23, 2015 to the seventh inning on April 26, 2015 (25 innings).
Night Owls: The Aces are 0-6 in day games in 2018. In 2017, Reno went 19-10 in day contests compared to 39-33 in evening games. Their last day-time victory came on the last day of the 2017 season, defeating the Albuquerque Isotopes by a score of 13-1.
Pay-What-You-Want Night: The Reno Aces and Greater Nevada Field will celebrate their 10th season in Downtown Reno on April 17th. When the team returns home tomorrow, Greater Nevada Field will open its doors to Northern Nevada and fans are welcome to pay whatever they would like to sit wherever they would like. Proceeds from the event will benefit the JUSTin HOPEFoundation. JUSTin HOPE supports those in Northern Nevada affected by Autism and other neurodevelopment disorders by providing support and/or opportunities.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.