L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes
LAS VEGAS: It was 36 seasons ago on April 10, 1983, the then-Las Vegas Stars began playing professional baseball as a member of the Pacific Coast League at Cashman Field. After an ownership change and 18 seasons as the Stars (1983-2000), it was decided that the team's name would change to the Las Vegas 51s.
Now, with so much ahead for the 51s, a new ballpark in Downtown Summerlin and a new Major League affiliation in 2019. It is the perfect time to rebrand the team once again and give it a name that will evoke the heart and soul of the community.
"We are moving to the beautiful new Las Vegas Ballpark at Downtown Summerlin and a new Major League affiliation in 2019," 51s President/COO Don Logan said. "Our ownership group, The Howard Hughes Corporation® (NYSE: HHC) wants the transition to be a home run complete with a new name and new logo."
It is a rare opportunity for fans to help name the team! The 51s are launching the "Name the Team Sweepstakes." The 51s are looking for community input and people can weigh in with their ideas beginning on Monday (April 16) at 3 p.m. Fans can visit the 51s website (lv51.com) or Facebook page (Facebook/51sBaseball) where they will be redirected to where they can enter the Sweepstakes by providing a unique name suggestion. On Friday, May 4th the team will conduct a random drawing of all entries to win the Grand Prize, a $500 Shopping Spree of team merchandise, when the new Las Vegas Ballpark at Downtown Summerlin opens in 2019. Official Sweepstakes' rules are available at lv51.com. The 51s will be looking to the community for its advice through Monday, April 30.
"This should be a community guided process and we love the fact that our fans will be involved with this procedure," Logan added.
The 51s are currently on a seven-game road trip at Albuquerque, N.M., and El Paso, Texas through April 16. Las Vegas returns to Cashman Field to open its second homestand of the 2018 season on Tuesday, April 17 (Reyes de Plata) against the Fresno Grizzlies, Triple-A affiliate of the 2017 World Series champion Houston Astros, at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets for all 51s home games can be purchased at the SCE Federal Credit Union Box Office at Cashman Field. The box office is open Monday-Friday (non-game days) from Noon to 4:30 p.m. Tickets can also be purchased through Ticketmaster (1-800-745-3000, www.ticketmaster.com).
The individual game tickets for the 70-game home season are priced at $11.00 (reserved, $12.00-Day of Game); $14.00 (plaza, $15.00-Day of Game) and $17.00 (field, $18.00-Day of Game) & the blue dugout seats at $30.00 ($35-Day of Game). The traditional $2.00 discount for Military personnel is offered on plaza, field and reserved seats throughout the season.
Season tickets and mini-plan packages (11, 22, 35-game plans) are available by calling the 51s office at (702) 943-7200.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aviators Stories
- Several Aviators Finish Strong in Big Leagues
- Las Vegas Ballpark Welcomes Mexican Baseball Fiesta
- Las Vegas Aviators Launch New Hispanic Social Media Channels; Social Push in Partnership with HCI Advertising
- Aviators' Season Ends After 7-3 Loss to Sacramento
- River Cats Defeat Aviators 5-3 to Stave off Elimination