Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6)
Game #12: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Trevor Oaks (0-2, 5.23) vs. RHP Frankie Montas (0-1, 9.82)
First Pitch: 12:05 CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 10:30 a.m.
Kroger Plus Monday - Buy a "Family 4-Pack" that includes 4 Select section tickets, 4 hot dogs & 4 fountain sodas for $44 when fans show their Kroger Plus card at the Sounds Ticket Office.
The Sounds wear their black "Music City" jerseys to represent Nashville's rich musical heritage.
From the Notes
Naile'd It: Nashville right-hander James Naile has arguably been the best pitcher in the Pacific Coast League through play Sunday. In his first three starts of the season, Naile is 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA. After a complete game shutout in yesterday's 1-0 win, Naile has tossed 17.2 innings on the season and has yielded 15 hits and two walks to go along with 15 strikeouts.
The Slade Show: First baseman Slade Heathcott has been red hot over his last seven games. Since April 9, Heathcott is hitting .458 (11-for-24) with 7 runs, 4 doubles and 1 home run. He has also drawn three walks and has reached safely in all seven straight.
Boyd, That's a Big Game: Outfielder BJ Boyd had the first 4-RBI game for a Sounds player this year in the completed 14-7 win Sunday afternoon. Boyd went 2-for-4 and knocked in four runs to bring his season RBI total to a team-high six. In eight games, Boyd is hitting .345 (10-for-29) with 4 runs, 4 walks and 3 stolen bases.
First we Feast, Then we Famine: Prior to yesterday's 1-0 win, the Sounds have feasted in wins. Nashville has a six-run win, a pair of seven-run wins and one 11-run win. In the team's five wins, they have averaged 11.2 hits per game. In the six losses, they're averaging just 5.3 per game.
You Can Shut Me Out: With a 1-0 win yesterday, the Sounds notched their fourth shutout of the season through just 11 games. No other team in Triple-A Baseball has more than two shutouts.
Renato Goes: Yesterday marked the end of Renato Núñez in a Sounds uniform as the 24-year-old was claimed off waivers by the Texas Rangers. Over the last two-plus seasons, the slugger has played in 261 games with Nashville and produced outstanding power numbers. He hit 55 home runs, 47 doubles and knocked in 157 runs while collecting 243 hits.
What's the word around Nashville?
There are two starting pitchers in the Minors with three wins. #Athletics No. 24 prospect James Naile is the only one who hasn't allowed run. https://atmlb.com/2qBB7hx
Justin Chambers (@jctvweather)
Heading out to the @nashvillesounds game today? Bundle up. It's a day game, but it will be breezy and chilly. @FOXNashville
Jared Plushnick (@Jared__WKRN)
Are you heading to the @nashvillesounds game this afternoon? If so, layer up!!!! Check in with #GMN @WKRN News 2 for the latest. #WeatherAuthority Forecast ---> http://wkrn.com/weather
Athletics Farm (@AthleticsFarm)
A's Prospect of the Day is RHP @James_Naile who threw 7 shutout innings to earn his 3rd win for @nashvillesounds on Sunday... http://athleticsfarm.com
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. at 6th and Peabody on January 29
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Scholarship Program
- Sounds Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Nashville Sounds Named Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award Winner
- Sounds' Holiday Bundle on Sale Friday