Isotopes Snap Bees Streak
The Salt Lake Bees were unable to complete the four game series sweep, as the Albuquerque Isotopes held on for a 12-11 win on Monday afternoon.
The Bees trailed 6-1 after just two innings, but Chris Carter belted a solo homer in the third to pull to within four. Salt Lake closed it to one run in the fourth on a bases loaded triple by David Fletcher, who delivered the first run of the game with a home run on the second pitch of the contest. The Bees took the lead with three more in the fifth on a two run single by Zach Houchins and a bases loaded walk to Nolan Fontana for an 8-6 lead.
The Bees pitching staff could not hold the advantage, as Albuquerque scored three in the fifth, one each in the sixth, seventh and eighth for a 12-8 lead. Salt Lake made interesting in the ninth, as Juan Graterol drove in a run with a ground out and Houchins followed with a two run single to pull the Bees to within one. Fletcher came to the plate, but bounced into an inning ending force play to snap Salt Lake's four game winning streak.
Ralston Cash (0-1) was tagged with the loss, as he went one and one-third innings and allowed two runs on two hits with three walks and a hit batter. Salt Lake starter Parker Bridwell went just four and one-third innings and gave up eight runs on eleven hits. Fletcher and Houchins led the Bees offense, as they each had three hits and drove in four runs. Carter and Graterol each added two hits and one RBI.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 16, 2018
- L.V. 51s Are Rebranding in 2019 Name the Team Sweepstakes - Las Vegas Aviators
- Salt Lake Bees Second Homestand Begins Tuesday - Salt Lake Bees
- Chihuahuas Keep Battling, but Fall in Extras - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Inning Heroics Not Enough Monday Afternoon - Reno Aces
- Grizzlies sweep Aces 7-6 behind Hauschild's gem - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Snap Bees Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- Babies, Dogs, Yogis Coming to Dell Diamond this Week - Round Rock Express
- Chasers Fall in Final Inning, 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Baby Cakes Homestand Opens Tuesday - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sky Sox Split Series with Round Rock - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sky Sox Top Express 7-2 to Split Series - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Walk-Off with Wild Pitch - Nashville Sounds
- O'Neill Homers Twice; Redbirds Complete 6-1 Homestand - Memphis Redbirds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Lose Series Finale - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 16, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: April 17-23 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma at Sacramento Postponed - Tacoma Rainiers
- James Naile Named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Williamson, Naile Secure Season's First Awards - PCL
- Today's Game Postponed: Double-Header Sunday, May 13 - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony April 20 - Reno Aces
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Omaha Storm Chasers (2-8) at Nashville Sounds (5-6) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Partner with LifeShare of Oklahoma to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (9-2) vs Iowa Cubs (3-6) - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.