Oilers Double up Americans in Road Win
ALLEN, TX - Tulsa bounced back on the week's rubber match, defeating the Allen Americans 4-2 at the Allen Event Center on Saturday.
Charlie Sampair's 20th of the season put the Oilers up 1-0 early in the game. After a flurry of chances, the Americans couldn't clear the front of the net, allowing Sampair to spin and beat Andrew Shortridge 3:40 into the game.
Tulsa found the lone goal of the period again in the second frame. It was Brent Gates Jr, 6:51 into the middle frame who brought the score to 2-0. Miles Liberati cranked one from the blue line, and Gates stuffed it home from the lip of the crease on the power play. Olle Erikssson Ek stopped all nine shots he faced for the second-straight period.
The final 20 minutes saw twice the amount of the goals as the first 40 minutes. Olivier Archambault tipped one past Eriksson Ek 9:32 into the final frame to put Allen on the board for the first time on the night. The goal was the forward's 18th of the season and came on a five-on-three power play. Jared VanWormer tied things 2-2, 22 seconds later, finding the back of the net on the same power play. Neither team would break the deadlock until the 16:44 mark of the period, when Steven Ruggiero netted the eventual game-winning goal. Adam Pleskach, who leads the league in shots, laid off a pass to Ruggiero who ripped it in stride toward the net, beating Shortridge thanks to a tip off an Allen player. Sampair iced the game with an empty-net goal with 44 seconds left, ending the game at 4-2
The Oilers play three games this coming week, all against Kansas City. Friday Night will be at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena for a 7:05 p.m. The Oilers return home on Saturday, hosting the Mavericks on Alzheimer's awareness Night at the BOK Center. The jerseys will be auctioned off in the ONEOK club after Saturday's game. Tulsa then returns to Independence to face the Mavericks for a 4:05 Sunday game in Missouri.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2020
- Oilers Double up Americans in Road Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Wings Jump out to Early Lead, Fall in Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Larsson Shines as Walleye Drop Defensive Struggle to Cyclones - Toledo Walleye
- Mavs Defeated by Wichita Saturday Night, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Opens Weekend Set vs. KC with 4-1 Win - Wichita Thunder
- Turtle Power: Lang's Overtime Winner Lifts IceMen over Gladiators - Jacksonville IceMen
- "Skunk Apes" End Greenville's Winning Streak - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Houser Dominant Again with Second-Straight Shutout Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Clinch Berth in 2020 Kelly Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win - Reading Royals
- Railers Strikeout in 5-2 Loss on WooSox Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Sunk by Third Period Surge in St. John's - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Double up the Thunder 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Patrick McCarron Returned from Loan to AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Statement Regarding Scheduled Kelly Cup Appearance - Idaho Steelheads
- Preview: Florida Closes Three-Game Week against Swamp Rabbits - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Gladiators at IceMen, March 7, 2020 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Soderlund Reassigned to the IceHogs - Indy Fuel
- Royals Visit Worcester with Magic Number at 3 - Reading Royals
- Rush Defeats Grizzlies 5-4 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Win Eight-Straight in Wild 4-1 Victory over Stingrays - Idaho Steelheads
- Rays Drop Physical Affair in Boise - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.