Offense Explodes for 16 Runs in Wednesday Night Win
MEMPHIS, TN - The Memphis Redbirds dominated from start to finish, taking a 16-2 win over the Charlotte Knights on Wednesday night at AutoZone Park. The offense totaled 16 hits and benefitted from 11 walks, with five Redbirds' tallying multi-hit games.
Memphis scored two batters into the ballgame and never trailed. They put up six runs in the opening frame on RBI hits from Ben DeLuzio, Conner Capel and Austin Allen. Charlotte tallied runs in the second and third, but the Memphis offense roared late, scoring five runs in the seventh and four in the eighth.
Capel finished the day 3-for-4 with two doubles and four RBIs. Juan Yepez tallied a three-run homer in the eighth. Alec Burleson went 3-for-5 with a double and two RBIs. Evan Mendoza also had a three-hit day.
James Naile (4-3) earned the win with two scoreless innings in relief. Five Memphis relievers held the Knights to three hits over the final six frames.
The Memphis Redbirds (60-58) square off with the Charlotte Knights (48-71) in game three of a six-game series on Thursday evening at AutoZone Park. The Redbirds' will play as the Memphis Chicks as part of Throwback Thursday presented by PBR. RHP Tommy Parsons makes the start opposite LHP Kyle Kubat. For tickets and more information, fans can call 901-721-6000 or visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 25, 2022
- Iowa Walks-Off St. Paul for Third Straight Win - Iowa Cubs
- Indians Rock Red Wings 14-4 Behind Eight-Run Fourth - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Fall 14-4 in Indianapolis Thursday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Ryan's Round-Tripper Highlights Hens' Loss to Bats - Toledo Mud Hens
- Rogers Fans 12 in 5-1 Win over Tides - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- White's Eighth-Inning Homer Lifts Stripers to 2-0 Win at Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bulls Best Sounds 7-5 - Durham Bulls
- Varland Dominates, But Saints Lose on Walk-Off Homer in 9th, 2-1 to I-Cubs - St. Paul Saints
- White's Eighth-Inning Homer Lifts Stripers to 2-0 Win in Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Sounds Lose Battle in Durham - Nashville Sounds
- Offense Quiet in Jacksonville During Game Three Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Syracuse Offense Slows in 9-1 Loss to Worcester on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Gilliam and Santana Fuel Bats to 5-4 Win - Louisville Bats
- Wong Homers Twice, Santos Earns First Triple-A Win at Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
- Bisons Unable to Keep Pace with Columbus in 9-6 Loss - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Rochester Red Wings (54-65) vs. Indianapolis Indians (59-58) - Indianapolis Indians
- August 25 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs vs. St. Paul Saints - Iowa Cubs
- HK Gets His Call: Howard Kellman to Broadcast Yankees-Rays Game on Friday, September 2 - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - August 25 at Indianapolis - Rochester Red Wings
- Nashville Sounds Host Cardinals Affiliate for Six-Game Series Beginning Tuesday - Nashville Sounds
- Charles Esten to Visit Harbor Park - Norfolk Tides
- Homestand Highlights: World Champions Replica Ring Giveaway Returns to Coolray Field - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Fall to Redbirds 16-2 on Wednesday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Jacksonville Walks off for de Facto Twin Bill Split Against Norfolk - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Offense Explodes for 16 Runs in Wednesday Night Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers' Bullpen Shines in Loss to RailRiders - Omaha Storm Chasers
- "Tyler's Teammates" Turns Grief into Goodwill - Worcester Red Sox
- Wong Goes Deep in Comeback Win at Syracuse - Worcester Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.