Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game
GREENVILLE, SC - The ECHL on Tuesday announced that Greenville rookie center Tyler Mosienko will replace Reading rookie right wing Greg Hogeboom on the American Conference roster for the upcoming ECHL All-Star Game. In addition, Wheeling rookie goaltender Andy Franck will replace injured Greenville goalie Mike Brodeur. Hogeboom is playing with Manchester in the American Hockey League and will not be available for the game, while Brodeur has been sidelined with an injury.
In his first professional season, the 21-year-old Mosienko ranks sixth among league rookies with 21 assists and is 17th in scoring with 26 points. The 5-foot-8 and 175-pound Mosienko played five seasons for Kelowna in the Western Hockey League scoring 232 points (81g-151a) in 338 regular season games and 55 points (20g-35a) in 81 playoff games. He helped the team to the 2004 Memorial Cup Championship.
Mosienko scored a goal in his first professional game, helping the Grrrowl to a 6-2 win on opening night this season. The West St. Paul, Maintoba native is the grandson of NHL'er Bill Mosienko, who played 14 seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks.
Mosienko ranks fourth on the Grrrowl in points (26) and is tied for third in plus/minus (+16). His 21 assists is third best on the team. Twice this season he has had a three-point game, and enjoyed a four-game stretch in November where he recorded seven points (3 goals, 4 assists).
In his first professional season, the 24-year-old Franck is 16-7-1 and is third in the ECHL in wins and tied for third in shutouts with two and goals-against average with 2.21.
The Fresno Falcons are the host for the 2006 ECHL All-Star Skills Competition on Jan. 24 and the 2006 ECHL All-Star Game presented by Bud Light on Jan. 25. Both events will be at Save Mart Center and begin at 7 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.