Gajic Named Player of the Week
The ECHL announced today that Gladiators forward Milan Gajic has been named the InGlasCo ECHL player of the week for January 9th through January 15th.
Assigned to the Gladiators from the Providence Bruins of the AHL on December 26th, Gajic posted a game winning goal and 8 assists for the Gladiators for 9 points to win the award last week.
He had two, three assists games for the Gladiators during the week. Gajic also posted two points (1g, 1a), including the game winner, in a 2-1 win over the Greenville Grrrowl last Tuesday.
A rookie from Burnaby, British Columbia, Gajic has recorded at least one point for the Gladiators in all but two of the 13 games he's been with Gwinnett. He recorded his first professional hat trick in a 6-2 win at Pensacola on January 13th.
Originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 4th round of the 2001 NHL draft, Gajic compiled 53 goals and 62 assists for 115 points during his four year collegiate career at the University of Michigan.
Gajic becomes the third Gladiator to be named the ECHL player of the week joining Guillaume Desbiens (12/5 - 12/11) and Pascal Pelletier (12/12 - 12/18) who won the award in back to back weeks during December.
The Gwinnett Gladiators continue the 2005-06 ECHL season on the road as they travel to Greenville on Friday, January 20th as they battle the Grrrowl at 7:05 p.m. The Gladiators offer several ticket packages for different needs as well as group outings, suites and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators play all 36 home games at the Arena at Gwinnett Center located on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth and are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net