Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago
The Gwinnett Gladiators announced today that goaltender Mike Dunham has been recalled to the Atlanta Thrashers following a conditioning assignment with Gwinnett. In a separate transaction, goaltender Tuomas Tarkki has been assigned to the Gladiators from the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
Dunham went 2-0-0 posting a 2.50 goals against average in two games with the Gladiators helping Gwinnett improve to 23-8-5 on the season. He made 20 saves in a 5-3 win over Charlotte on January 14th while posting 11 saves in a 6-2 win over Columbia on Monday afternoon.
The Johnson City, New York native was activated off the IR by the Thrashers on Thursday, January 12th after missing Atlanta's previous 28 games with a groin injury and was assigned to Gwinnett on January 14th.
Dunham has posted a 4-3-1 record with one shutout and a 2.10 goals-against average in eight games this season with Atlanta. In nine NHL seasons, Dunham has registered a 133-166-40 record, 19 shutouts and a 2.68 GAA in 366 NHL games with New Jersey, Nashville, the New York Rangers and Atlanta.
Tarkki began his professional career with the Gladiators posting a team best 2.41 goals against average and a .921 save percentage in two starts with Gwinnett.
A rookie out of Northern Michigan University, Tarkki was called up to the Chicago Wolves on November 9th. He appeared in 15 games with the Wolves posting a 6-2-4 record and a 3.08 goals against average.
Tarkki was named a finalist for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award last season while at Northern Michigan and was also named the 2005 CCHA Player of the Year and won the CCHA's Best Goaltender Award.
The Gwinnett Gladiators continue the 2005-06 ECHL season at the Arena at Gwinnett Center on Saturday, January 14th, as they host the Charlotte Checkers at 7:35 p.m. The Gladiators offer several ticket packages for different needs as well as group outings, suites and birthday parties. For more information call 770-497-5100 or log on to gwinnettgladiators.com.
The Gladiators play all 36 home games at the Arena at Gwinnett Center located on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth and are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Jerry James Promoted to Team President
- Glads Rally for Postseason Falls Just Short
- Predators Prospect Inks Deal with Atlanta
- South Carolina Survives with Home Victory Setting up Winner-Take-All Game Tomorrow
- Bonar Steals Crucial Point for Atlanta with Miraculous Performance in Net