Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League and the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, today announced that left wing Dany Roussin was selected as the runner up ECHL Player of the Week for January 9 through 15. Roussin, who turned twenty-one on January 9, scored four goals and added three assists in four games for Reading last week. Last Tuesday, Roussin, a second round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 2005 (50th overall), scored the Royals' lone goal in a 5-1 loss to Wheeling. On Friday, Roussin, who was the second leading scorer in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League last year with 54 goals and 116 points for Rimouski Oceanic, scored the game's first goal and assisted on the team's second in the Royals' 4-3 victory over the Johnstown Chiefs. On Saturday, Roussin scored two third period power play goals-one of which proved to be the game winner-in the Royals' 4-2 come from behind victory over Wheeling Nailers. This was the first multi-goal performance in Roussin's pro career. On Sunday, Roussin assisted on two of the Royals' three goals in the 4-3 loss to Toledo, marking his third consecutive multi-point game. Over the course of eighteen games with Reading this year, Roussin has scored eleven goals and assisted on eight others (nineteen points)-and seven of his eleven goals have come in the last nine games. Roussin currently leads the Royals with nine power play goals.
The Royals return to action in Johnstown against the Chiefs on Wednesday night. After that, Reading returns home on Friday night against the Wheeling Nailers when the first 2000 fans in attendance receive the second in a series of five bobbleheads being given away this season to commemorate the Royals' fifth anniversary season. On Saturday the Royals are back at the Sovereign Center against the Chiefs. The first 1500 fans in attendance, who are 21 years of age or older, on Saturday receive a Yuengling Lager Pint Glass-the second in a series of five to be given away this season-courtesy of All-Star Distributing. Royals' game day broadcasts can be heard on ESPN Radio 1240 am in Ephrata and www.royalshockey.com with pre-game beginning 30 minutes before the opening face-off. Streaming video is also available through the Royals' website on a pay per view basis provided by B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.